Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the funny thing is that the z06 i beat tonight was my dad's.
I was messin around about havin 477 RWHP. It only has 404 and i do have a website with my dyno graph and pics of both cars. Well the story is simple. We raced 3 times. each time we went from 40 to about 95. All three times i put about 1 1/2 to 2 cars on him. His only mod is the corsa exhaust. Im not sure what model, but its the one with no mufflers and only 2 tips. I am gonna try to get him to pos so u guys know for sure it is true, but im workin on it.

HERE IS THE SITE WITH PICS AND A DYNO GRAPH.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
very nice pics.......i see your dad has great taste in his cars...as well as the color of them:D ....just so ya know i would never buy my daughter a faster car than mine.....and 2...if we raced she would always win:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: great to see some pics.....:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
No offense to Cobrakiller, but the first thing that went through my mind after reading that post was the TV commercial.
You know the one........kid is eating his cereal, closely watching his dad get ready to leave for work...next scene is dad in his car leaning tensely over the steering wheel appearing to be concentrating closely on winning the race as the kid races down the sidewalk on his bike.
:D :D :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well to let u know he was runnin it hard and he never missed a gear. He would never "let" me win thats for sure. Im not to surprised cause the cobra is puttin down 404 rwhp. And the vette is probaly somewhere around 365-375. So why wouldnt i win?

·
Registered
320 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
No offense to Cobrakiller, but the first thing that went through my mind after reading that post was the TV commercial.
You know the one........kid is eating his cereal, closely watching his dad get ready to leave for work...next scene is dad in his car leaning tensely over the steering wheel appearing to be concentrating closely on winning the race as the kid races down the sidewalk on his bike.
:D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
182 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
Yep, I understand. I used to let my son beat me in basketball. It was good for his ego:)
Like I said Lunger - I DO so enjoy reading your posts - you are
funny and sharp. :D

Cobra: Congrats on your kill - they're all fun and it's all just a fun game, but remember - my d**k is still bigger than yours.

·
Registered
432 Posts
cobrakiller said:
Well to let u know he was runnin it hard and he never missed a gear. He would never "let" me win thats for sure. Im not to surprised cause the cobra is puttin down 404 rwhp. And the vette is probaly somewhere around 365-375. So why wouldnt i win?
well we could start with the extra weight you are carrying and then start to talk about a thing called TRACTION and from there it would come down to driver skill. horsepower is NOT everything. jesus give a mustang groupie one thing to be proud of and you never hear the end of it....

why not race your father from a DEAD STOP and see who wins? here we go with the "i'll make up a certain race that is best for my car and then i bet i can beat you story"

tell you what i'll race you from a rolling 140 to 170, ok??:roll:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mikie said:

Like I said Lunger - I DO so enjoy reading your posts - you are
funny and sharp. :D

Cobra: Congrats on your kill - they're all fun and it's all just a fun game, but remember - my d**k is still bigger than yours.
You wish:D

·
Registered
537 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
Yep, I understand. I used to let my son beat me in basketball. It was good for his ego:)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TheKid said:

well we could start with the extra weight you are carrying and then start to talk about a thing called TRACTION and from there it would come down to driver skill. horsepower is NOT everything. jesus give a mustang groupie one thing to be proud of and you never hear the end of it....

why not race your father from a DEAD STOP and see who wins? here we go with the "i'll make up a certain race that is best for my car and then i bet i can beat you story"

tell you what i'll race you from a rolling 140 to 170, ok??:roll:
Well to talk about traction. It was very good for me 2night. We just had the back tires replaced at 5200 miles and its got 6000 now so it still has alota tread. Next time we race we are gonna go from a dead stop. And im sure u would prob. win in a 140-170 race but thats insane to do that on a highway. Now you are soundin like the supra boys with their turbo.:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Cobra,

What is 'funny' is that you swore up and down that you did beat a z last time you were on this site. And now you are back again, once again swearing that you beat your dad. :cheers: to you!

Now go back to your cobra site and tell all your friends about it, I'm sure they will tell you how easy it was for you! You should be proud!

At any time, in any place...there is someone who is going to be faster than someone else. Hp, weight, traction, experience, etc..

Thanks for showing me at least one thing you are good at!

The consistancy to brag! :D

Take care, drive safe...And be nice to your old man...he won't always 'let' you win.

S

·
Registered
272 Posts
cobrakiller said:

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

If you want to talk smack, at least learn what goes into accelerating a car.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts