Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1FastDog e-mailed me later in the afternoon and we met up at Hooters for few beers /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. We missed 'ya Frank.

I did have a great time at the bash and I'm trying to get a web page or two completed to share my story of the trip and pictures...soon I hope /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I did post frequent updates to tide anyone over...

Mark

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I too, am sorry I missed the chat.
I did however have the pleasure of meeting Mean Green, FRC Tom, 1Fastdog, Redshift, and many, many others during the 5 days we were there.

I tried to see and do everything, but their just were not enough hours in the day, maybe I need a new watch.../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I deliberately missed some of the seminars in order to help one great guy, with an ongoing mission who always gives unselfishly of himself in memory or his dear wife, and to help promote awareness of the fight against Cancer...That man is Ben Labaree who tours around the country attending Vet shows to help raise awareness/contributions to the American Cancer Society. On a personal note, I have so much to be thankful for, that I made a committment last year to start doing "sommething" to help others less fortunate than I. Well, I found a way to start that "something," by helping Ben at the show, thus allowing him to "go have fun" at the birthday bash. My wife, Pat, and I plan on assisting Ben at future Vet shows by helping the "Corvettes Conquer Cancer Tour."
If you ever have a chance to talk to Ben, please do so, he is a man to be honored.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Zippy , as you know, I also have alot to be thankful for. 7 years post transplant[I'll be 45 on May 12].I would also like to participate. Thanks for this most important post.BTW how can I comunicate with Ben? LES
UPDATE: Now I remember reading about this in a C5 Registry newsletter. I will dig it up to refresh my memory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts