Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening my friends, I have noticed a slight electric motor sound coming from my parked and locked Z. Happens about every 3 or 4 minutes and last about a second. What's up with that. Can't be doing my battery any good. What am I over looking? TIA :z:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am not sure of what that is but there are probably a few that do. But it might be helpfull to know where the noise is coming from. Whether it is from the nose area mid section or rear. I am sure you will have an answer soon. :jammin:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The only time my Z made weird noises like you mention is when the battery died. The module beneath the passengers footrest sounded like a computer harddrive writing information on a floppy. Once the battery was replaced, never happened again.

Would a fuel pump make such a noise, audible from the outside of the car while people are standing around?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
There's a TSB out on all GM products going back many years.

I had a problem with bad smells coming from the A/C and went back a couple of times to the dealer to get it fixed. Last time they installed a "dryer module" in the A/C box (under warranty). When the car has been driven with the A/C on and then it's parked, the blower comes on for exactly 10 seconds, and this may go on for 5-10 cycles until the moisture is blown away.

This has never been a problem with the battery.

Scared the hell out of me the first time it came on and I was standing right next to my parked and locked Z in my garage :crazy:

And, it happens often and people hear it and of course ask "what's that noise?"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your prompt replies fellows. The sound seems to come from the inside (cockpit) area or possibly the firewall, maybe even under the hood. The sound is similar to the same sound as the column lock engaging or disengaging. I just installed a new Optima Redtop day before yesterday and the battery seems to be good. This is just a quick "wurring" sound, last just a second and then repeats again in maybe 3 or 4 minutes................Anyone??

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
sounds like the column lock.. ?

but not after 3-4 min ...hmmmm

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
So you didn't have this problem prior to installing the battery?

I'd take a drive over to Mr. Goodwrench.....probabily something very simple to fix.

Good luck ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts