Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy showed up at the track talking about how fast his car was. I wasn't planning on running but he asked me what I drove and I pointed at my car and then he proceeded to tell me how he killed one on the street. So, after talking to him a minute and him telling me no less than 5 times (not exaggerating) that he had 505 cubic inches and 500 horse power, he even pointed to the air box showing me the 505 badge, I asked him to race. He told me I only had 400 horsepower and that he had 500. So I went and payed the extra money to run and ran him. He had already made a couple of passes and this was my first and worst run of the day. I treed the hell outta him, .600 (my worst one that day) to his 1.2. So I killed him in the 1/8 and him realizing I had spanked him got on the brakes to make it appear he wasn't trying and ran a 13.6 at 83. I was even nice enough not to go and harass him any while he was hotlapping the hell outta his car.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
LS6 Enthusiast said:
Guy showed up at the track talking about how fast his car was. I wasn't planning on running but he asked me what I drove and I pointed at my car and then he proceeded to tell me how he killed one on the street. So, after talking to him a minute and him telling me no less than 5 times (not exaggerating) that he had 505 cubic inches and 500 horse power, he even pointed to the air box showing me the 505 badge, I asked him to race. He told me I only had 400 horsepower and that he had 500. So I went and payed the extra money to run and ran him. He had already made a couple of passes and this was my first and worst run of the day. I treed the hell outta him, .600 (my worst one that day) to his 1.2. So I killed him in the 1/8 and him realizing I had spanked him got on the brakes to make it appear he wasn't trying and ran a 13.6 at 83. I was even nice enough not to go and harass him any while he was hotlapping the hell outta his car.

It's funny how things written on paper don't seem to work out on the track. What was your best e.t. that day?

Reason's/excuses for losing
Spun the tire's to much
Plug wire off
Bad tank of gas
I wasn't ready
You left too soon, (on an NHRA tree without redlighting)?
Valves need adjustment

I'm sure you guys can add some more lame excuses.

D.J.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Nice Kill :thumb: :thumb: Viper meat, tastes like chicken :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OneQuickCoupe said:
It's funny how things written on paper don't seem to work out on the track. What was your best e.t. that day?

Reason's/excuses for losing
Spun the tire's to much
Plug wire off
Bad tank of gas
I wasn't ready
You left too soon, (on an NHRA tree without redlighting)?
Valves need adjustment

I'm sure you guys can add some more lame excuses.

D.J.
Our local track is prepped like a public highway and it's hott outside. But doing everything I can to get a 1.95 60ft I ran a 12.47 at 114.2 on my best run that day.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
AndyZ06 said:
Something seems kind of fishy about this thread. Just to educate you, "LS6Enthusiast", an SRT-10 viper can run the quarter in [email protected]
Andy, you got to remember that the [email protected] is the BEST time ever gotten by mags. A Viper and a Z06 is a drivers race, especially from a dig and even more so in the 1/8. The better driver is going to win, and obviously the Z06 was the better driver. We all know given equal drivers the SRT would win, but how many instances do you come along where the drivers are equal? Very rarely.

If I go to a track and run an STI and I mess up on my launch and they dont, guess what? He is going to beat me (in the 1/8) even though I have the much quicker car and mags have gotten the Z06 to run an [email protected] and an STI at [email protected] It is all about the driver, and in this case, these 2 cars are definitely close enough in performance to become a drivers race.

Great kill dude!! I beat an SRT-10 too, and it was from a roll :eek2: (Talk about bad driving..:lol: )

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AndyZ06 said:
Something seems kind of fishy about this thread. Just to educate you, "LS6Enthusiast", an SRT-10 viper can run the quarter in [email protected]
Thank you Viper owner. I do understand that magazine racing a Viper should beat a Z06. Hell I even know that if we switched cars the Viper woulda won. However, like most Viper owners he didn't know how to drive. Now some of the enthusiasts on this site are exceptions to that statement as you may be. It's the same way a lot of Corvette owners don't know how to drive them. I would be willing to run you on street tires though.

Look even if he had ran a perfect professional driven 11.7, he would have still had a lot of catching up to do with more than a half second off the reaction time (.600 to a 1.2) and the couple of tenths he was behind on the 60ft.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Agree completely on the driver. To me, the Z is easy to manage with my biggest problem being slamming second too hard and breaking loose. I too have smoked many "faster on paper" cars...I have also only run even with a TT Supra with a very good driver.

I just can't get any of these 'Stang's to ever run...they obviously are smart enough to know when to back-off!

·
Registered
243 Posts
LS6 Enthusiast said:
Thank you Viper owner. I do understand that magazine racing a Viper should beat a Z06. Hell I even know that if we switched cars the Viper woulda won. However, like most Viper owners he didn't know how to drive. Now some of the enthusiasts on this site are exceptions to that statement as you may be. It's the same way a lot of Corvette owners don't know how to drive them. I would be willing to run you on street tires though.

Look even if he had ran a perfect professional driven 11.7, he would have still had a lot of catching up to do with more than a half second off the reaction time (.600 to a 1.2) and the couple of tenths he was behind on the 60ft.
I'm not trying to take away from your win at all, I was just pointing out that there's obviously a difference in driver skill (You being the better driver).

That being said, Zlicious brings up a good point. The Z06 and the Viper are definitely close. In a race, the viper should edge it out by a few cars, if both drivers are completely on top of their game.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
AndyZ06 said:
I'm not trying to take away from your win at all, I was just pointing out that there's obviously a difference in driver skill (You being the better driver).

That being said, Zlicious brings up a good point. The Z06 and the Viper are definitely close. In a race, the viper should edge it out by a few cars, if both drivers are completely on top of their game.
:thumb:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AndyZ06 said:

I agree 100%.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Andy, the post was about the TOOL driving the viper, not the BS arguement about which car is faster.......Same shit different day eh??

-Tony

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think Andy and Zilicious should run since they're both in MI. ;)
Nice kill on that SRT Zilicious, my buddy showed me your vid about three weeks ago. I didn't get a chance to see it when you posted it here.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
tratr said:
I think Andy and Zilicious should run since they're both in MI. ;)
Nice kill on that SRT Zilicious, my buddy showed me your vid about three weeks ago. I didn't get a chance to see it when you posted it here.
Thanks man...;)

Andy and I ran MANY times. I will let Andy tell you the outcomes if he wishes too... :cheers:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Zlicious said:
Thanks man...;)

Andy and I ran MANY times. I will let Andy tell you the outcomes if he wishes too... :cheers:
I think I know what the outcome was based on your reply. Nice kill. :yeadog:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
tratr said:
I think I know what the outcome was based on your reply. Nice kill. :yeadog:
Hehe, no, I do not beat Andy when we race. I should have cleared things up I guess.

-From a roll, he has me beat by about 3 cars up to 130 mph.
-In the 1/4, I am not sure becuase we have not done it yet with his new bolt ons, but last time we did while he was stock I had him beat.

Maybe we need the video camera out next time, eh Andy?

I have 340 rwhp, he has ~440 rwhp
I have 347 rwtq, he has ~480 rwtq

;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
What Fadi is saying is pretty much how it happened. He beat me from a stop a few times, but from a roll the viper will win everytime.

After 100 mph, it's a few car lengths, not a huge margin though. However, I'm thinking of adding a few surprises under the hood soon :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
AndyZ06 said:

That sure doesn't mean that those numbers are a guarantee!

Don't forget about that guy behind the wheel!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts