Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing an 02 headliner,(more headroom) :jammin: ,a Brey-Krause harness bar, and Schroth 3 inch 5 points. I already had the Sparco Roadsters. It was even easier than I expected. Now on to the brakes......

Here is the old headliner. You can see the foam and plastic that caused it to intrude on my melon!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Looks like a stout set-up. I take it this is a mostly "track" car? How would you rate the seats for a highway cruise? Same with the harness...I wonder if the added support and constraint makes any sense for routine driving?? :-?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seats are fine for daily driving. Ingress and egress is not quite as dignified as with the stock seats, but much, much better than a full racing bucket. I do miss the springs a little bit, (you are sitting on 1 inch of foam, then fiberglass), but unless you are on real choppy cement, like I-5, its not to bad. The belts slide out of the way for every day driving, I use the stock belts when not driving in anger. :sneaky:

·
Registered
39 Posts
looks great, i have two questions:

1. what mounts for the seats did you use? (also for the lap belts)

2. do the roadsters have a slot for the anti-sub belt?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Wheelman...thanks for the info :thumb:

The seats look great and I would like some seats with better support. I can't envision driving curves and not having to brace myself. :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mooch said:
looks great, i have two questions:

1. what mounts for the seats did you use? (also for the lap belts)

2. do the roadsters have a slot for the anti-sub belt?
1.They are Speedware mounts with Sparco sliders. The lap belts use the same mounting points as the factory ones. The inside belt mounts to the seat frame, and the outside one mounts behind the seatbelt tensioner. The trim panel must be cut. I bought new ones to replace the cut up ones, should I want to go back to stock.

2.The seats do not come with a hole for the anti-sub belt. But since they use two cushions for the bottom, it is easy to cut one, and run the belt up between them like I did.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Man that's a nice looking setup and I'm sure it's a ton better than stock seating in the twisty's!!

How would you compare the Corbeau A4 to the Sparco you have? Similiar?? I grabbed a pair along with a hardbar and 5-point, just haven't had a chance to drive her with the new setup yet.
Thanks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mjustmike said:
Man that's a nice looking setup and I'm sure it's a ton better than stock seating in the twisty's!!

How would you compare the Corbeau A4 to the Sparco you have? Similiar?? I grabbed a pair along with a hardbar and 5-point, just haven't had a chance to drive her with the new setup yet.
Thanks.
I was going to go with the A4 at first, but there wasn't enough room for my 38 inch waist between the seat frames. The sparcos are a little more forgiving. Other than that, I think they are similar.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AlanC said:
What is that bulge in the quarter trim panel that is just above the seat belt mount?
It serves no purpose that I can see. There is nothing behind it. I have heard its something to do with safety. Like the bulge in the headliner that was new for 03. The idea (I think) is to keep your head from being caught between the seat and the roof or wall.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Nice Looking setup :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Just a comment on your shoulder straps. The buckles should be adjusted so there is NO slack. IE the buckles should be tight up against the bar so that there is NO open loop around the bar and NO forward or backward movement allowed so that the belts DO NOT "SNAP" during acceleration & braking.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for the advise. I have never used a harness before. I will make the adjustment before I use them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts