Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 20K miles on my 02Z06 and I'm thinking about changing the factory plugs out.

What plug would you run on a stock 02-Z06??
Would you change the wires also?
Do I use anti-seize on the threads also?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I always use anti-seize, just don't get any on the end of the plug so that it gets into the chamber. Also use dielectric grease on the boots so that they'll come off the plug without tearing the wire apart.

I run NGK TR55s, I've found them to be better than the platinum the car shipped with.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
NGK IX stock replacement. I think it's TR-55IX Iridium for the Z. Use the anti-seize also.

D.J.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Beru Silverstone Racing Plugs from Nology.

Magnecor KV85 Race Wires or Nology HOT Wires

Nology HD Ground straps

Antisieze on the threads.

Dieletric grease in the boots.

Kool Socks with headers.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
NGK spark plugs - but stay away from their Iridium plugs - I heard they were crap. If you decide to get an Iridium plug, go with with Denso Iridium - best quality.

20k miles... I would leave the stock wires on there. They're good for much longer than that.

Happy motoring,
Alex

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Alex,
I have run both the Denso and the NGK Iridium's and haven't been able to tell the difference. I have dyno pulls with both brands installed without a problem although I didn't change plugs while on the dyno to see a difference. My car runs very smooth with both brands. I pulled the NGK's out and installed the Denso's in the Vette and put the used NGK's in my 5.3 truck and it ran very good. Much better than the stock plugs. I for one am very satisfied with the Iridium Plug.

D.J.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
D.J.,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will keep the good review in mind when I'm looking for plugs.

Alex :guiness:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Delco Iridium's 41-985
Magnecor KV-85's
Anti-sieze and dielectric grease.

I installed the above when I did my headers. I could tell a big difference with new parts. The car ran much smoother.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the good advice .... I bought the tr55's (non iradium) plugs for $1.68 each .... The Iradium were 4.00 each.

I'll give them a try and see if I can feel any difference over the factory plugs. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts