Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of head. Threads on head defective. Not good even though repair was a $5 sleeve, 2 hours labor considering they almost had to replace the head. How does this happen on a 28,000 mile motor? Is this going to happen with the other 7 plugs? Oh and this is on the 2nd motor. First motor blew 2 pieces in the block at 26,000 miles. 2002 Z06. Yea I'll definitely be getting the Viper over the C6 Z06.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If the helicoil was done properly it will be stronger than the original threads.

Defective threads are possible but not likely. :bmad:

More likely causes would be over or under tightening, lack of anti sieze, or taking the plugs out when the engine is hot. ;) These can strip the threads no matter who made the engine.

I recently removed my plugs & put some anti sieze on the threads & dielectric grease in the boots. :thumb:

·
Registered
722 Posts
wiretowire said:
of head. Threads on head defective. Not good even though repair was a $5 sleeve, 2 hours labor considering they almost had to replace the head. How does this happen on a 28,000 mile motor? Is this going to happen with the other 7 plugs? Oh and this is on the 2nd motor. First motor blew 2 pieces in the block at 26,000 miles. 2002 Z06. Yea I'll definitely be getting the Viper over the C6 Z06.
Yeah, I hate it when that happens.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
wiretowire said:

Good Luck with your Viper :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts