Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is recommended as far as spark plugs? my car has a vararam only but will have kooks and O/R x-pipe :sneaky: ...

is it a good idea to replace the wires too? or not worth ? thanx

luis

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Magnecor KV85 Race Wires & NGK TR55's :z: :z:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
what would the wires do anyway, would it make it perform better? idle better? thanx
If the Stock Wires are in good shape no need to change them.
You will not gain any appreciable HP from plug wires.....except if the provide more voltage or a better burn, or multiple sparks. :cheers:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just replaced mine with MSD 8.5 Super Conductor wires and NGK TR55's. No problems, looks better, no performance gain that I can tell. I think it was just more of a peace of mind thing.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I also used the TR55s. I felt a difference with the plugs because my stock plugs had a lot of miles already. I was thinking about changing my wires because I thought I damaged one of them when I was pulling it off the plug. I guess I'll change them later. When I do, I'll be using the Magnecore wires.

The plugs I would swap out - cheap insurance. The wires I would change only if yours are damaged. Wires aren't really changed for a performance gain, they're changed for maintenance.

Alex

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
IT L GO said:
Magnecor KV85 Race Wires & NGK TR55's :z: :z:
What I used until I added S/C then went to TR6's. The Magnecor wires provide more voltage/fire power but I would not change unless damage or misfire problems.

George

·
Registered
895 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
Just replaced mine with MSD 8.5 Super Conductor wires and NGK TR55's. No problems, looks better, no performance gain that I can tell. I think it was just more of a peace of mind thing.
Same here!!

Except went with TR55IX plugs. Done at same time as cam and headers so don't know about any gain in performance.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts