Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I consider myself pretty comfortable working on nearly any automobile but I've never felt so stupid or humbled...

I'm changing my spark plugs for the first time since I've owned the car it now has 41k miles I've put 6k on it.

I cannot get the plug wires off!

Is there a trick? What's the deal. I've tried twisting them, and of course pulling like hell, but they won't budge. I always use antisieze and and dielectrick compound, apparently not everyone does.

Please help

·
Registered
806 Posts
Get some small Vice-grips or needle nose pliars and pull like hell! You are going to rip the boots off of a few if not most so I hope you have a fresh set of wires to replace your damaged ones. Good Luck!!:thumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I pulled mine with pliers. I happened to have some metal pieces over the wire so they pulled off without damaging anything.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I finally got one off (so to speak). It took pliers, and I'm calling it quits for now. I ripped that plug wire getting it off, and replaced it. I've got a track day tomorrow and don't want to risk anything ruining my day. I was able to get everything else done, including changing out the transmission fluid, which made a bigger difference than I thought it would. Shifting feels much cleaner particularly into reverse. Thanks for replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts