Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled the first plug and the aluminum heat shield came off with it!! Is this suppose to happen? Do these heat shields need to go back on the new wires? PLEASE HELP!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
I'm assuming that you are talking about the plug wire. The shield stays with the wire. You can take it off of the wire, but it won't fit most aftermarket wires. Rememer to use dialectric grease when re-installing the new wires!
-matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am useing MSD wires. Do I need To put the Aluminum shield from the factory wires on the MSD wires or leave them off?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,289 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
I am useing MSD wires. Do I need To put the Aluminum shield from the factory wires on the MSD wires or leave them off?
You can leave them off SGT PYLE. If you have headers then I recommend Kool socks to go over the wires. MSD has a good silicone boot you should not have any problems. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dwjZ06 said:
You can leave them off SGT PYLE. If you have headers then I reccomend Kool socks to go over the wires. MSD has a good silicone boot you should not have any problems. :cheers:
Thanks alot dwjZO6 and ss2zo6! :cheers: I just got finished and she started right up! :jammin: Seems to start stronger so now I am about to go for a spin. I dont expect to feel any difference in power but I was really just curious to see if I was mechanically enclined enough to change the plugs and wires myself. Thanks Again!!! :guiness:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,563 Posts
Congrats on the plug change. The rear one on the driver's side is a PITA, isn't it? :lol:

My car always feels stronger with new plugs. These plugs may last 100k miles, but they foul way before that point... I'm now changing mine out every couple of races.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
Subdriver said:
Congrats on the plug change. The rear one on the driver's side is a PITA, isn't it? :lol:

My car always feels stronger with new plugs. These plugs may last 100k miles, but they foul way before that point... I'm now changing mine out every couple of races.
The rear one was a little difficult. Just did my plugs this last weekend. Now I got the hang of it though...

Sgt Pyle: what plugs did you use? I used the TR55s.

Car likes them! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
I also use the TR-55's. I'm glad to see that everything turned out good!
-matt
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top