Corvette Z06 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
DJ, thanks for your excellent info in this old thread. I've got a 2008 LS7 with 23,000 miles on it. It gets tracked a few times a year. How often should I be changing plugs (oem, and silver)?? Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just finished putting some NGK Iridium plugs in mine an hour ago...TR-5IX with GM high performance red wires...not that it makes much difference or increases performance..but looks nice since they are red, and affordable.
Where did you get the GM red wires?

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Where did you get the GM red wires?
Try going to gmpartsdirect dot com and enter part # 12495519 for these red 8mm wires currently on sale (C5Z06).

Not sure if part# 89018058 for C6Z06 are the red wires or not (you may have to contact them and ask).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try going to gmpartsdirect dot com and enter part # 12495519 for these red 8mm wires currently on sale (C5Z06).

Not sure if part# 89018058 for C6Z06 are the red wires or not (you may have to contact them and ask).
Thanks for the info im ordering these for my c5z06 and im going to install the ngk tr6 with these wires. i pulled one plug out to see condition and the gap has increased to .050" thats alittle used as new ones are gapped at .040" so with the new plugs should gain mileage and a more efficient burn :drunken:

·
Registered
74 Posts
TR 6 installed and with the new wires from gmpartshouse
Now to wait for spring to take the car out to test through the rpm levels and see if these plugs will act responsive.
I was wondering why the original plugs when check were all gapped at .060" what would the reason be the difference ? The new ones i check at .040" before installing as suggested.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just use NGK R spark plugs for Z06. You awake your Beast in ur corvette.
Pay attention while choosing your spark the electrode metal head should be thick enough, simple cylindric that has height and bold. Because it sparks electrecity in a bold way all around the upper metal and hard exchanging faster electrons so your gas will be directly fired.
If you use a thin metal head electrode spark plug and pointy you feel that your car speed enhacement is lazy that is because one way electrons sparks in a thin line movement.

Attachments

·
21,295 Posts
Just use NGK R spark plugs for Z06. You awake your Beast in ur corvette.
Pay attention while choosing your spark the electrode metal head should be thick enough, simple cylindric have height and bold. Because it spark electrecity in a bold way all around the upper metal and hard exchanging faster electrons so your gas will be directly fired.
If you use a thin metal head electrode spark plug and pointy you feel that your car speed enhacement is lazy that is because one way electrons sparks in a thin line movement.
You do realize this is an 11 year old thread.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Of course dear but there is some in 2018.
I just want to make this thread alive again so new people who search this forum about sparks could see more info.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts