Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, What would be a good plug to use that is a little hotter in range over the stock plug?

Type of plug and where could I get them? I'm running a little rich and would like to try a plug that is 1 or 2 ranges hotter to see if would help lean it out some.

Thanks,
Ernie

·
Registered
837 Posts
Ernie King said:
...type of plug and where could I get them? I'm running a little rich and would like to try a plug that is 1 or 2 ranges hotter to see if would help lean it out some.

Thanks,
Ernie
Ernie, don't know which plug but can cover the WHERE.

I got my NGK TR55 from www.sparkplugs.com

They arrived couple days later and the company had a secure server.

If you need to borrow a snap-on plug wrench for the c5, I have one you're welcome to.

Ranger

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: Re: Spark Plugs?????

Ranger said:
If you need to borrow a snap-on plug wrench for the c5, I have one you're welcome to.
Ranger....that is super kind of you!! That's what this forum is about!! Helping your Brother!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ranger,, Thanks a lot, I have the tools, just don't know which ones to use. I'll check that out. I understand a lot of people are using those so they must be good.

I was at the track the last 2 times and after 4 or 5 runs the tips are black black, which to me it's a little rich. I might be wrong, but it was like that after this weekend.

Oh BTW I ran my best time so far Saturday 12.29 113.60

Thanks again i'll look at the site.

Ernie

·
Registered
837 Posts
Congrats on the run, Ernie. Sounds like you're poised for the 11s.

MIR is an excellent track.

Best to you,

Ranger

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I can tell you to stay away from the Bosch Plat. 4+4 plugs, they lost me 4 HP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts