Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether the metal speaker covers on the door come off?? I accidentally kicked the cover and it is all bent up. I wanted to take it off so that I can bend it back into shape but I couldn't take it out!! Can anyone help me??

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
And I thought you were going to comment on how the front speaker covers dig into my left knee! I try not to put my knee there but it feels natural and comfortable but I cant; help but wonder when I will dent it with my knee. :( Bill

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
My foot tends to graze the speaker grill every time I get out of the car in my garage - I can't open the door for enough clearance. At least I haven't cratered it yet :)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Getting in and out

one has to be extra carefull. How do you hit it with your knee? I usually hit it getting out with my shoe. Now I get in slowly and out slowly, or maybe it is just my old age.;) ;) :cheers:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Sanford and others, my left knee rest on the speaker cover as I drive the car, doesn't yours too???? If not, where do you put your left knee? Maybe it is just me, but I lazily rest my leg against the door panel and my knee hits the big bump of the door speaker. I feel it is just a matter of time before I dent it. Perhaps I should just order a spare cover and be prepaired for the inevitable(sp). Bill :(

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Good morning Bill

I will be more consious of where my knee goes. The only thing that I am aware of is that my left foot is usually resting or has pressure on the foot rest on the left of the floor board. :) :) :cool:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Being 6'3"....

.... my foot smacks it every time I get out of the car.

Hey, here's another place for aftermarket stainless steel mesh.

This deserve's a seperate post!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts