Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read allot of the post concerning my problem I need some input on:Just had a SPEC Stage III (alum fly) put in my 2004 ZO6 (10,500 miles) 5/5/05 200 miles ago. It now has a serious vibration 2400 and up that changes which RPM it is more prevalent at. I am currently trying to diagnose where the problem exist. With the clutch pedal pushed to the floor and checking the clutch disc for excessive movement. How much vertical "play"(pushing straight upon disc) and how much rotational "play"(move disc left to right before input shaft moves) is considered acceptable. I think the disc has a problem in the splined hub area. Causing the disc to be off center at different amounts in turn cause my vibrations to change. FYI Had local Chevy dealer replace the clutch(for 200.00 labor) while they were fixing the 3rd gear syncro. It was mysteriously damaged while the left fuel tank was being replaced for a leak.

·
Registered
200 Posts
$200 in labor to R&R a clutch is a *TERRIFIC* deal.

Mark

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
mdhmi said:
$200 in labor to R&R a clutch is a *TERRIFIC* deal.

Mark
Not if it didn't work. :eek:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I must have skipped over that sentence when I first read the post. Yikes.

Mark

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sorry to hear, Sounds like something has come loose. :cheers:

·
Registered
198 Posts
my spec stage 3 and flywheel did the exact same thing. I have never heard back from the local shop around here as to what spec determined. I am saying the clutch and flywheel were out of balance. After having to argue back and forth with the local shop they finally decided to put a new gm clutch and flywheel in and mysteriously the vibrations were gone. :roll:

And i would be pissed about the synchro seeing as they were more than likely hotrodding your car.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would say that most likely it is a balance issue. With most aftermarket clutches I recomend to get them balanced to verify they are ok. (especially on the vettes due to the labor involved in replacing them)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts