Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The spec hybrid is rated to 600tq at the fly, I believe. If youre running a TT, you will make more than that at the wheels, with 650rwhp (I know, cockeyed deductions), but it might be close.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had two Spec 3s fry from only 456rwhp/410rwtq....but both failures at drag strip...might hold street use.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
C5 CU said:
I had two Spec 3s fry from only 456rwhp/410rwtq....but both failures at drag strip...might hold street use.
Were these the newer stage 3 with the iron disc???

I had heard that the newer units were the same as the 5 except the 5 has a solid center.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
rob get the spec 3 so you can have the excuse that your clutch is messed up when i spoke you...again ;)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Rob,

I have the old carbon/kevlar stage III and 643rwhp. It seems to be holding just fine. I dont do hole shots but hammer it from 40 rolls and it grabs just fine. Not sure about longevity though. The clutch has a total of about 3k miles on it. Only about 600 miles of 643rwhp and 2400 miles of 568 rwhp.

Just my experience. FYI...I'm watching for peoples experience with the Aussie clutch.

Jim

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i am running the spec aluminum flywheel, so i trying to figure what clutch to run on the new motor i am putting in, 650 is conservative, should be closer to 670-680 rwhp

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
im looking to install a 3.6 pulley on my procharger so I'll be around 670-680 too. guess we'll find out. fyi...i have the spec aluminum flywheel too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts