Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3-23-05 to 3-31-05

For those of you just getting your Corvette out of storage for the new racing/driving season and are in need of driveline upgrades to protect your investment, this sale is perfect timing for you! :)

We are pleased to announce a special pricing sale for our high strength 4340 "300M" hardened steel left (driver side) differential output shaft for a limited time! :)

This is the same HD output shaft we install into ALL of our high performance DTE differentials built to date that many of you are running today with great success and is the same material used for landing gear manufacture in the aircraft industy.

DTE manufactures ALL of our HD driveline products in-house to insure complete dimensional accuracy, so that we could keep very tight control over every aspect of it's manufacture from start-to-finish in an effort to insure the quality of the end-product. Two shafts from each lot are sacrificed and tested for proper material grade, RC hardness and dimensional properties before any of that particular lot are shipped out. If testing fails, the whole lot is rejected. Each lot also has material and RC hardness certs kept on file here, in addition to each shaft being sequentially serial numbered by DTE for the differential it's installed into here or to the DIY installer/customer.

Additionally, DTE's products are in good company! We purchase from the same raw material batches that aircraft manufacturers such as Boeing, Northrop-Grumman, Lockheed-Martin, etc, purchase from, so there is no better quality of material than what we use to produce our HD driveline products! :)

DTE HD Differential Output Shaft
- Left side (driver)
- Manufactured of high strength 4340 300M alloy steel
- Heat treated
- CNC machined splines for a perfect fit
- Hardened to the core of the shaft, not just the surface like others on the market
- Perfect concentricity along its entire length
- Bead blasted as a surface preparation to deny cracks a starting place

In-stock and only $289 :)

Happy motoring folks!

Best Regards,
DTE
(260)407-5455

·
Registered
75 Posts
i wonder if my dynotech 3:90 rear end that xtreme motorsports installed for me back in january has this shaft already. the rear end was around $1,200. i thought they told me the shaft was $150 though.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At that price, probably not. That Stage I is $1199 and the Stage II is $1549, with the only difference between the two being the HD output shaft. :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We suggest you either look at their invoice to see what they sold you or you can give us the serial number that we afix on every differential we build and we'll tell you the build specs of that particular differential...it's that easy...

We don't know what the purpose of this :NoNo: icon you used was......

:-?

·
Registered
75 Posts
LMAO! this :NoNo: meant, i probably shouldnt be beating on a stock output shaft with that much HP & drag radials.
i definetly know that i dont have the hardened shaft, so now i am questioning how long the stock one is going to last before i hear the big crunch in the rear.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i dont mean any offense, but unfortunately the price needs to be at least cut in 1/2 for anybody to be interested in the part, just because you suppossedly will be raped on the labor for the install. i would buy one of these output shafts in a heartbeat if i knew xtreme wasnt going to whack me for $500+ in labor to do the install. :bang: :(

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the price needs to be at least cut in 1/2 for anybody to be interested in the part,
13 have already been sold at this discounted price... If we sold this product at the prices you suggest, we would be paying YOU to purchase our product. The main reason we move this post to the top is so that everyone that's interested gets a chance to see the thread. :)

Best Regards,
DTE

·
Registered
75 Posts
LOL! oh well, so much for trying to get it for everyone in here at $150 bucks. maybe i could pull my stock one out and try hardening it myself with a blow torch to save some money. :lol: too bad the labor prices at the shop kills everyone :mah:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts