Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha all, I'm having some problems with my SW C5R HID's and I was hoping someone might have some insight for me....

I have the SW Stage II HID projectors from SW. They are about 1.5 to 2 years old and were installed about a year ago. One of the ballasts recently went out on me and I need to find a replacement. I called SW, but they are not aware of any warranty (5 year is usually standard on all ballasts) and basically let me know I'm SOL. I also would like to get 2 replacement bulbs but Spectrewerkes can't tell me the correct Kelvin temp rating.

Does anyone know if the ballasts come with a warranty, and furthermore where I might be able to get a relacement? Also, can anyone tell me the correct Kelvin rating for the bulbs on the Stage II HID's?

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Not sure on the warranty.I did the HID upgrade after I installed my lights. Installed a Catz HID kit. The bulbs are 4300k /White.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I think my lights are 6000k, but I wanted to make sure before I spend the $$$...maybe I should just order 2 new bulbs and just say screw it to the existing color. I can't wait for an exceptional fixed projector system to come out.....I'm jumpin ship FAST once it does!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
defender said:
Bad customer service! :puke:
It's amazing a company stays in business with that kind of attitude. :screwy:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I WAS going to purchase their rear fascia, but after speaking with SW today I think I'd like to give my money to a company that has a little more time & effort for their customers. They just seemed too busy for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts