Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both LGs car and Tony Gaples looked like C6Z06s where previously at least LGs (TG's looks new to me) looked like a C6.

Lou (or anyone in the know) if you are out there, is this a new C6Z06 based car?

Aaron

·
Registered
687 Posts
99cobra said:
Both LGs car and Tony Gaples looked like C6Z06s where previously at least LGs (TG's looks new to me) looked like a C6.

Lou (or anyone in the know) if you are out there, is this a new C6Z06 based car?

Aaron

Yes, they are C6 Z06 based cars that run the 6 liter engine per the rules rather than the 7 liter engine. SCCA's way of keeping things equal. The Viper runs a 510 cu in engine which is hard enough to control without letting the 427 cu in of the Corvette in the picture.

We also use the C6 steel frame for ease of welding a cage to it.

Hope this helps.

LG

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was curious...

And most importatn congrats on the win!

Way to go. Us poor slobs out here racing c5z06s (like myself in Midwest Council) get a big kick out of you and Speed GT!

:jammin:

·
Registered
70 Posts
My new car, LG's, Leighton Reese, Tony Gaples, and one Grand-Am team are running the new C6R based Z06 Carbon body from Corvetteracebodies.com. The body is designed to fit onto the C6 frame (or C5 with substantiol tub changing)

The bodywork is based entirely on the Z06 with GM's C6R mods. The old C5 WC Cars used bodywork that was really nothing like the C5R bodies from GM.

Although we run the 6.0L engine, even with the 69mm restrictor, we are surpassing the 505hp of the new LS7 engine

http://www.DavidFarmerRacing.com/

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
ACP/Kerry Hitt makes these bodies.
He is also a supportting vendor.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

·
Banned
809 Posts
:lol: What cracks me up is that one of the announcers for WCGT is always going on about how beautiful Tony Gaples car is and how great it sounds. I wonder if he realizes that Lou and Leighton are running virtually the same car in a different color scheme.

Lou -- Who do we contact about the crappy tv coverage for the Speed WC Series?

Sal

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think Lou and Leighton should re-consider the black paint schemes. Although it is great at hiding damage, etc, the brighter colors definitely get more coverage.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Most of the TV coverage is weak at best. At least Speed TV does a little better job than the standard networks like CBS, NBC or ABC. Those guys sucK at best.

LG's car allbeit not flashy is recognizable by most of us. It is tough to get the announcers away from their team rides from years back to acknowledge the guys like Lou and the others.

Keep up the great work Lou!!! and the other Z06 guys. You make us proud. We all know the vettes are the king of the track.

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts