Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I think these service guys have no idea what they are doing, has this ever happen to you. Took my car into service because my cars traction system was shutting down after 80 mph. So, i decided alright can't have that happening at these speeds..lol. I bring in the car and i explain to the service guy what was going on and, you guys are gonna like this one, the service guy goes well you shouldnt be going that fast anyways :screwy: and that just put me over the top when he said that. I just kept my cool and hoped they would fix it. So get my car back two days later and they were convinced that the car was fixed after they ran all these tests on the car. So i decided to find out for myself. I took the car on the highway and luckily enough at 80 the sensor didnt come on and i was happy. One night im out with my girlfriend and some joker in a Acura NSX wants to race, as im kicking his A#$, the light comes on and my traction system goes into crap mode but not at 80, its at 90 that it comes on. So i decide to take matters into my own hands this time and i figured out how to do the diagnostics on the car. Found that its giving me a code reading (C1226 RF EXCESSIVE WHEEL SPEED VARIATION) now if anyone can enlighten me on what this means that would be great...lol. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
C1226 RF Excessive Wheel Speed Variation

Check the wheel sensors to see if they are plugged in tight. Some times if they are slightly loose they will though codes. If cleaning codes and the sensors are tight AND those codes return maybe need to re-balance the wheels. Are your tire sizes stock?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
This from Allthebest, c4c5
http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17448&highlight=C1226
http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62785&highlight=C1226

Hi there,
Did you extract codes from the DIC for the TCS system?????
I really would do that first, and then you can perform a simple test.
IF you have the codes that I think you have, then all you have to do is to exchange the left harness for the right one, if the code follows your exchange, then you have just diagnosed the wiring harness, not the sensor, because honestly, I do NOT believe that the sensor went bad.
I believe that the harness is worn.
Allthebest, c4c5

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the heads up and no the tires arent stock. Im running a 18 x 9.5 wheel , 245/35 ZR tire on the fronts. How should I check the TCS system??? A little lost there but i will try switching the harness and getting the wheels rebalanced maybe that could do the trick. I'll will keep posting on my progress. I appreciate the info thank you and love the quote :jammin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts