Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John Heinricy, in a third Cadillac CTS-V, finished second overall in the the Speed World Challenge this weekend at Mid-Ohio. He was beaten by .657 seconds by Wolf Henzler (Porsche 911 Cup), and was trailed by Max Papis (CTS-V), Lou Gigliotti (C6 Corvette), Andy Pilgrim (CTS-V) and Tommy Archer (Dodge Viper). He also set fastest lap; is it a wonder no one touches him at the SCCA Run-Offs every year?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Congrats to John for another nice run! :cheers:

Anyone know when this is going to air. I may take a break and watch it on SPEED.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brad - hard to tell from the Satellite Guide for times, but this Saturday. Sure SpeedPup, hats off to Lou, but first time in the CTS-V is pretty impressive to outrun both Papis and Pilgrim!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats to John and to Lou :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No doubt Heinricy knows his way around Mid-OH, but in this case first ride = first race. To beat the two full-time CTS-V hired guns AND set fast lap is pretty impressive. But on the other hand, I pull for Lou every time he races; you just can't help but will him on while he real world tests his long tube headers! On another subject, I wonder if anyone out there in T-1 land has run up against a T-1 prepared C-6 as of yet, and how well they are doing? I'm pretty sure Phoenix has some out by now.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
On another subject, I wonder if anyone out there in T-1 land has run up against a T-1 prepared C-6 as of yet, and how well they are doing? I'm pretty sure Phoenix has some out by now.
Ed Amonson has a yellow C6 that was completed and slated for its first race at Gateway on Mother's Day. Unfortunately the same fate that befell me (the concrete wall :bmad: ) bit him on Friday's practice session. The car is being fixed (probably is already) and will most likely race at Mid Ohio next weekend. Who will drive it? I don't know yet...

Phoenix Performance also has a C6 being built for (I think) for Andrew Aquilante. They also have (horror of horrors) a 2003 Viper being assembled. They hoped to have it finished for the weekend's race at Nelson Ledges, but it is not done.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
RobSan said:
No doubt Heinricy knows his way around Mid-OH, but in this case first ride = first race.
Not to dimish John's accomplishment, but he did race a CTS-V at Mid-Ohio last year as well, finishing 3rd behind the factory Audi's and ahead of the other two factory CTS-V drivers and that was his first race in it. That race I was able to make.

Actually went with black vette Brad - it is still black isn't it? He seems to buy a new one every year. :lol:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks David and Brad - going to miss seeing you two race in Memphis next year. Brad - as last checked, Brad White's "Z" is still black, but I haven't seen him in two weeks so who knows. He is now NASCAR licensed, and I hope to have him as my instructor in a BUSCH car at the oval in the near future. I am pretty sure I won't be "bump drafting" him! Hope all is well with training, with Anita and the "pit girls".

Rob

·
Registered
79 Posts
RobSan said:
Brad - hard to tell from the Satellite Guide for times, but this Saturday. Sure SpeedPup, hats off to Lou, but first time in the CTS-V is pretty impressive to outrun both Papis and Pilgrim!
Kudos to our friend John, but it's not his first race in the CTS-V, He came in third overall last year at Mid-O in front of Angelelli and Pilgrim. Go to Pratt & Miller's website sometime, and you will find pics of John along with the engineers of P&M, the builders of the CTS-V. He's had some input. He is scary, He can take a vette around the track for a lap or two, and if it's not running 100%, he'll step out of the car tell the crew which shock is bad, what is loose and damnit if he's not on the money when they start changing parts!
Bottom line is, how many racer/auto engineers are out there. You could stick him in GM racecar, possibly any racecar and watch him dominate. Raw talent and a thorough understanding of the car = wins.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
RobSan said:
Brad - as last checked, Brad White's "Z" is still black, but I haven't seen him in two weeks so who knows.
:lol: :rofl: :lol:

RobSan said:
Hope all is well with training, with Anita and the "pit girls".

You actually have a better chance of seeing them than me this month... they have about another four weeks there. They may go take a peak at the SCCA races in Memphis this weekend. Forum member wtknight will be there in his Z06, recently upgraded with a new motor.

Training is going well. Another month or so here then off to the Pacific for more.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New motors are good I hear; can you confirm? Good luck with the training; be quiet, and no bubbles! I'll check out the action at the park; thanks. Have you seen the videos of Danica and the Karts? Damn!

Rob

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
RobSan said:
New motors are good I hear; can you confirm? Good luck with the training; be quiet, and no bubbles! I'll check out the action at the park; thanks. Have you seen the videos of Danica and the Karts? Damn!

Rob
My new motors always seem to work better than the one that came out of the car... :eek:

I did see those videos. I'd love for my girls to get into karting. I'd give up T1 and make karting a family experience... I can see a three kart team. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts