Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with the Speedi Bleed brake bleeding and flushing system? As advertised, it looks like a great tool, using a small amount of air from a tire through a regulator to accomplish the operation.

If so, I'd appreciate your evaluations. :-?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread but just discovered it. I have the Speedi-Bleed tool with adapter for Vettes. Was also able to get a quick loan of a friends OBD II scan tool used in his repair shop. You need a scan tool to do a full abs flush (or if air has entered abs modulator), but if you just want to bleed the wheels, it is not needed.

Procedure for 1999 & Up c06 with with Delphi DBC-7 ABS:

1. Connect the Speedi-Bleed tool - set pressure to 35 psi

2. Turn ignition on.

3. Hookup scan tool and select “Automatic Bleed Procedure”

The scan tool will cycle the ABS solenoids for about 1 minute.

4. Follow the on screen instructions and open the bleeder screw(s).

For each wheel, the abs pump will run and the valves will cycle for 1 minute. After the wheels are bled, the scan tool will do a final purge of any remaining air.

The whole thing took less than 30 minutes.

Someone needs to make an inexpensive Bi-Directional scan tool for the DIY, because they are the cats meow, but pricey unless you plan on using it fairly often.

I also read about a way to flush the abs without needing a scan tool (have not tried it). Basically, it was to bleed the brakes using your regular way, and then drive the car and do a few hard stops to activate the abs, and circulate the fluid. Then re-bleed the brakes. Rince, lather, repeat as needed.

Might not be 100% perfect, but still a HUGE improvement over the typical rarely flushed car on the road. Of course you always could have a dealership do it, but where is the fun in that. :moon:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts