Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My younger brother just got his first speeding ticket in Plano / Collin County. Can anyone recommend a ticket attorney to use, in the area?

Rob

·
Registered
632 Posts
My brother used an attorney by the name of Jim Lollar in Fort Worth ... I don’t know if he does tickets in Plano, but I’m sure they could recommend someone if they don’t.

Jim introduced my brother to deferred adjudication. Deferred adjudication works like this: You pay the ticket and an additional fee, and you go on probation for a period of time that varies from county to county. If you do not get another ticket in the state during that time, the case is dismissed and no points go on your record. You can do it all over the phone, generally. Defensive driving class is another option.

In DFW, what the ticket lawyers do is plea bargain bunches of tickets at court. You end up paying the lawyer (usually $50 or so) and nominal court fees and you’re done. May or may not have probationary period.

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
All these attorney's do is go and get you Deferred Adjudication or Defensive Driving and charge you $50-75. If your brother goes and deals with the ticket within 10 days of getting it he can get either of these 2 options himself without a lawyers help. You will have to pay the fine (if you choose deferred adjudication) for the ticket and you will be on probation for 90 days. Or you can ask for Defensive Driving and pay a court cost, usually $25-50 in Plano, the cost for a driving record from the DPS, about $12 and the cost of the class. Lawyers aren't necessary unless you intend to fight the ticket, they aren't going to do anymore for you than you can do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
rsherrard said:
My younger brother just got his first speeding ticket in Plano / Collin County. Can anyone recommend a ticket attorney to use, in the area?

Rob
Your brother probably doesn't need a lawyer, unless he's trying to get it dismissed. Just do deffered adjudification.

FYI, that's what Plano cops do, write tickets all day. They really don't have anything else to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it’s an inactive thread, however, I thought to reaffirm what has already being said about plano cops. One of my friends who works for a Los Angeles DUI lawyer was issued a speeding ticket there and even he couldn’t do much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts