Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Yes, I have had black ones on my black Z06 for about two years.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
How much horsepower do they add? :lol:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I looked underneath one day about 6 months after I had bought the car new and could not believe the pock marks on the bottom of the fenders and 1/4 panels. I could not fix what was already done (Without a body shop visit) but at least I could prevent further marks. I wish I had done the mod right after I bought the car.

I use a silicone based cleaner/shine product and they look great. It is a nice looking mod. :thumb:

They did add .04 seconds to my 1/4 mile times :lol:

PS Drilling the holes to install gave me the shakes when I saw the white plastic on a black car coming off the drill bit :cry: . It is an easy install.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
UVETTYA said:
Do they keep rocks from hitting the rocker panels?
Somewhat. They do a good job right behind the front wheels, but I still got some marks by the rear brake duct. Added some clearbra material to cover the whole rocker to keep the marks from getting any worse.
You do have to drill holes in the fender though... :(

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
UVETTYA said:
Do they keep rocks from hitting the rocker panels?
\

Yes. If you want to shot peen your body panels go with the 'au natural' look. Then your car will look like everyone else's. The only think I would stipulate is that I think they work better with dark cars. If you have a yellow or red you might want to get the painted and color matched ones.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I installed them 2 1/2 years ago when I got the beast. Daily driver and no pock marks. But, I guess there's nothing that protects the brake cooling ducts. :yeadog:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts