Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know, the Z06 comes with nice embroidered seat covers......however, the seats are totally inadequate for track belts. The "01 I just bought came with 6-point Sparco harnesses for driver and passenger, but without a "feed" through the seat, they tend to slide down - and possibly off the shoulders of a belted occupant.

Any ideas? Of course I thought of the Vette Sport Seats, but where would you find them? I've tried "Accident Yards" (We can't call them junk yards when we're talking Corvettes), but supply is next to non-existant.

I also considered a racing seat, but $700+ for a good one is more than I wish to spend. I want to be able to leave these seats in for the road as well as the track, and do need some comfort.

Once again, any ideas.

Thanks.

Steve Nix

·
Registered
620 Posts
Steve,
You can take the seats to a good upholstery shop and have the holes put into the seats for the belts.
I use a snap device on the shoulder belts that pulls them together about the center of your chest. I can't think of the name of the device. Race equipment suppliers have them. This device is a last resort and a poor substitute for a good seat, but it works.
I agree the sport seat should be in the Z06. I will never understand that one!
Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dave,

Your talking about a sternum strap. It does the trick. A hole in the seat back would work better. I saw on at the last Silver State Classic Challenge but didn't get to talk to the guy that owned the car.

I/O Port has the sternum straps for about $26.

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts