Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon everybody, with all the Z06s around here, you would think
*SOMEONE* here knows the answer to the following questions:

1. What is the spring rate for the front and rear leaf springs on a Z06.

2. What is the wheel rate at the shock (ie, if the suspension is displaced 1/2 inch, how much is the shock actually displaced).

I would think it is significant especially at the rear because the angle that the shock makes to the outer hub looks like its almost 45 degrees. Thus, It would take a lot more damping force at the shock to dampen the suspension which is moving vertically.

3. how bad is the bump steer in the front and back. Ie, if I compress the front or rear of the suspension, how much does the toe change?

Someone out there has to at least know #1. I can measure the rest, but it would be nice if someone has already done it.

Alex T.
2002 Z06
QuickSilver

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Dunno

Sorry, have no clue 'bout the spring rates.

I do remember reading that when chevy bumpsteered the Z06, they got it under 1/2 degree inside its full travel.

But that might just be crap, I'd measure it myself if I had the tools.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
alextz said:
C'mon everybody, with all the Z06s around here, you would think
*SOMEONE* here knows the answer to the following questions:

1. What is the spring rate for the front and rear leaf springs on a Z06.

2. What is the wheel rate at the shock (ie, if the suspension is displaced 1/2 inch, how much is the shock actually displaced).

I would think it is significant especially at the rear because the angle that the shock makes to the outer hub looks like its almost 45 degrees. Thus, It would take a lot more damping force at the shock to dampen the suspension which is moving vertically.

3. how bad is the bump steer in the front and back. Ie, if I compress the front or rear of the suspension, how much does the toe change?

Someone out there has to at least know #1. I can measure the rest, but it would be nice if someone has already done it.

Alex T.
2002 Z06
QuickSilver
SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE REFFERRING TO THIS QUESTION..I HAVE SOME OF THIS STUFF AT MY HOME OFFICE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts