Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long winter, time to get busy! :yeadog:

First were the substitution of metal gas and dead pedals. Easy mod. Dremel tool took care of the dead pedal mounting. The spring was unwieldy, but snapped right in once I got coordinated. :crazy:

Second was the 60GB Photo iPod addition via the Neo iOn connection kit. Almost idiot proof. iPod worked first time powered up! Now I have 1000's of songs and sounds better than the CD! Ran the cable just under the accessory power socket with the help of the Dremel tool! Lots of extra length so that passengers can view pics or choose their own songs! ;)

While I had the console opened up, I added the Hurst boot with the chrome plate. Still have that damn mechanical noise when under load unless I hold onto the shifter. :eek::

After just a few songs at volume, ok maybe 10 or so and the lights being off and on, the battery didn't seem to want to start the car. Click Click. :(

Then solved the annoying OME brake issue (squeal and rust) with zinc plated rotors and new ceramic pads. :mad:

Easy mods and a great way to spend quality time with the Z.

Going to install the PIA 1100s tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
806 Posts
Love the Red Top! :thumb: Where did you get the rotors and what brand if you don't mind me asking? I am in the market and cannot decide. Thanks. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
You have Great taste in your Mods :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SGT. PYLE said:
Love the Red Top! :thumb: Where did you get the rotors and what brand if you don't mind me asking? I am in the market and cannot decide. Thanks. :cheers:
I'll dig up the business card and PM you. The rotors were purchased online and were pretty inexpensive. They also have black anodized as well as the standard gold. Just figured the zinc was as close as chrome for the price. Have polished rotors on the Harley, look just like chrome. :coo:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the great comments! :cheers:

Just finished the PIA install. The empty holes in the Vararam really bugged me for some reason. So I got OEM brackets and the PIA 1100x driving lights. Used 1/4 inch long 'u' style nut for mounting with stainless hardware. And I recovered all the wires with spiral wrap to give it the OEM look. Just followed the other posts of running cable and making contacts. :)

The only issue was the purple wire splice. Had a loose Radio Shack connector (red) that did not turn on the relay. So used another brand (3M) that fit the smaller wire a lot better. Ran all the cables parallel to the radiator reservoir and thru the existing hole in the battery/fuse box shield. ;)

I used the old coat hanger trick and fed the drivers side cable in one shot. Damn. :p

The picture shows the second test! :eek::

The best site for getting the job done on your Z! :z:

Now, I need more mods! My storage box that was full over the winter is getting rather empty. :sneaky:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts