Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I unfortuneatly live in Quebec, Canada and anyone who's driven on these roads can tell you how bad they are.

I hear a squeak coming from (i think) somewhere deep in the dashboard. It is very hard to find the exact spot from where its coming from. But no matter how hard or what I press down on, it doesnt go away. Maybe its coming from behind the radio area???

Anyone experience any of this yet?
How would I go about finding where its coming from exactly??

:mug:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
There are some metal brackets that hold the console to the dash. In particular, there are a couple of metal brackets behind the ashtray that rub against each other if the screw isn't real tight.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IT L GO said:
There are some metal brackets that hold the console to the dash. In particular, there are a couple of metal brackets behind the ashtray that rub against each other if the screw isn't real tight.

what would be the best way to fix this??

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'd like to know as well since I just started hearing this annoying sound as well. In the mean time, when it gets to be too much I mask it with the application of some go-go juice... :jammin:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check your steering column. I have what seems to be a very large and angry chimpunk living in mine.

The squeak goes away when I raise the wheel to max height, so I know it's the steering wheel adjusting mechanism. It's very aggravating. :mad: I'm to the point of taking it in for repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts