Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Squirrel problems

Does anybody know which harness this is, its located between the bat and fender? How big of a pain is it to replace and how much does it cost?

If thats not enough, I had a robin attack the pas/side fender when it saw its reflection causing scratches in the clear. :mad:

p.s. I am entertaining creative ways to "deal" with these squirrels :idea: :bang:

·
Registered
670 Posts
ZOra6 said:
I am entertaining creative ways to "deal" with these squirrels :idea: :bang:
How about running out to the car screaming, jumping up and down with your thumbs in your ears, and show them your nuts? Nevermind, bad idea. - JK

If it's only the wire insulation that's damaged, you could separate the wires and wrapped them with electrical tape. Then cover the wire bundle with corrugated harness protectors. PepBoys sell these in different colors. If the car is garaged, find out where they are getting in and seal it up. I put traps around my car (spring type & stickies) over the winter. If it's outside, you could bait them. Just be careful of cats and dogs. Some AG stores and pet shops also sell repellents that you can spray on. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Are you sure it's squirrels? It looks like the work of mice to me. But then again, maybe squirrels have easy access to your car.

Oh yeah, you wanted to know how to get rid of squirrels. Here in Arkansas we shoot em and eat em. Just put a .22 cal. stinger through the eye so you don't damage the meat. Skin him. Quarter the little nut muncher up. Roll him in flour and pepper. Then skillet fry to golden brown. Serve with buttermilk bisquits and white gravy. MMMmmm MMmmm! Now I'm hungry again. :cool:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cave Man said:
Are you sure it's squirrels? It looks like the work of mice to me. But then again, maybe squirrels have easy access to your car.

Squirrels are the most likely culprit around here, they have become extremely over populated and brave. One actually bit my neighbor the day before yesterday. Anyway, squirrels are rodents just like mice and rats, just with fuzzy tails. Control techniques for one will work for the others.

·
Registered
902 Posts
My sisters Toy was attacked by killer squirrels. It cost her 2000+ to get the car repaired.
If the harness is not too far damaged i would have it repaired.
The cost of the harness may not be that expensive but the labor might.
If you have comp insurance it may cover the cost.
Call the local animal control office maybe they can trap and relocate them.
Or if you live in a rural area squirrel hunting can be fun.
Sabot

·
Registered
475 Posts
Repellent

There's a bumper crop of squirrels out there. They are very destructive rats. If you re-locate they become someone else's problem. Trap and dispose. There is a repellent known as "Deer Off" it works. It's made by Hav-Hart and found at Lowes. Can't comment on the harness.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, I know I can fix the harness easily but I was just curious as to replacing it (wanting to keep the car perfect). As to eliminating the problem, I don't have any trouble shooting the rodents and I used to hunt them years ago but they are not my favorite to eat. The problem is I have taught my son not to kill things unless you are going to eat them. Plus my wife and neighbors would really bitch if they caught me killing them. They have elevated their status from rat to cute entertainment. :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
A rat trap with some peanut butter on it should make quick work of the little bastards. No hunting required, just trap and dispose. Either that, or you could always get a live trap and let them go in a nearby wooded area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts