Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this mod - SS gas cap which looks like something you'd see on the Audi TT. I sorta like the look - but would welcome member feedback! :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
If your looking for feedback on how it looks, I think it's way to Ricey for my taste. :puke:

·
Registered
486 Posts
IT L GO said:
If your looking for feedback on how it looks, I think it's way to Ricey for my taste. :puke:

I'll have to agree. I thought about it for 2 seconds and realized that would look cheezy.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I had one on my mineral grey Cobra, and loved it. It looks cheesy on a black, blue or red Z, and OK on silver, IMO. Yellow is kind of a push, so I wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies...

Seems like 2 camps - but concensus forming against.

At Carlisle last year with over 3,000 `vettes - I don't remember seeing ONE car with this cap!!

Hmmmm.

Maybe I'll spend the money on the interior instead! :z:

·
Registered
37 Posts
To each his own, but I think your car would look like a cyclops from the side. First thing your eye is attracted to and takes away from the overall beauty of your car. IMO :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
BDHarmon said:
To each his own, but I think your car would look like a cyclops from the side. First thing your eye is attracted to and takes away from the overall beauty of your car. IMO :thumb:

I agree :ity:

I'm a product of the fifties. We used to try to hide the fuel filler in inside the trunk not draw attention to it. So this concept seems very strange to me. I showed a picture of one of those Aluminum Caps to a friend of mine (he's old too). His comment was why would you want to draw attention to the fuel filler door and spoil the lines of the car. :bang:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I agree with IT L GO, but I am much younger :D (make that 60's/70's). The only vette color that it looks half way decent on is a silver and even then it's borderline.

Much better ways to spend money on mods.... :thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
I have seen alot of C5's and I have never seen one in person. Alot of other people must also think that it does not look good on a C5. If you were running you car on the track only as a T-1 class car then it would look in character. I don't think it looks good on a street car.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Sorry about the quality of the photo, but this is a combo I liked.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I used to want one, but after seeing one in person I've changed my mind. The door didn't fit right. It was pushed in at the top and sticking out at the bottom. The guy said he was going to pull it off and bend it into the right shape. For that price, it should fit right the first time.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
1nastyz said:
I like mine. Just a personal thing. Realize this is a different one than your talking about but here you go.

What kind of exhaust is that? It looks like the B&B but, it's a little different. :guiness:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
1nastyz said:
I like mine. Just a personal thing. Realize this is a different one than your talking about but here you go.

You sure got Great taste in wheels :coo: :z: :z:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
PM sent.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts