Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like to drive really fast? How would you like the opportunity to drive your own car on the track down at Gateway International? This is not straight line racing (boring) You get to drive on oval course, then inside doing hairpin turns, curves, straightaways...driving your car at high speeds in a safe enviroment!

It's NOT only for Corvettes ...ANYONE can join
Check the website below for rules/guidelines

2009 Spring/Summer Schedule:

Wed, April 08, 2009 Event #1
Saturday, April 25, 2009 Full Day Event #1
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 Wed. Event #2
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 Wed. Event #3 PDX PLUS
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 Wed. Event #4
Saturday, August 29, 2009 Full Day Event #2

Event Type: autocross, (untimed)
Where: Gateway International Raceway
Address: 700 Raceway Blvd.
City, State: Madison, IL 62066
Phone: 866-357-7333

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Thanks, ... have you done it?
SCCA PDX is their HPDE series.
Not bad ... infield transitions look OK and good run-off.
Corvette can pull some G's on the track arc coming out of turn 7.
Trackpedia has track guide. :thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, ... have you done it?
SCCA PDX is their HPDE series.
Not bad ... infield transitions look OK and good run-off.
Corvette can pull some G's on the track arc coming out of turn 7.
Trackpedia has track guide. :thumb:
Yep, i've done it twice so far! Wow....it's almost like "you've" done it the way your describing turn 7.

I've done it, i liked it...however, i've worked 2nd shift for 10 years now. When you have to be at the track at 6am, i don't care how much coffee you pump into yourself...i just couldn't give it my "all" till the afternoon. I'll probably go and hang around...the people there are really nice. But i doubt i'll run....you want to be on top of your game when you are driving that fast...I'm not :(
~Marie

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
This coming Saturday, we will be having a car tech to allow people to have their car checked out before coming to the track.

Details are listed here:

Schedule

Last year, every track event was sold out - so do not wait until the last minute to sign up. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I have trained instructors and instructed for this group for two years and they are very friendly to drivers of all car makes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This coming Saturday, we will be having a car tech to allow people to have their car checked out before coming to the track.

Details are listed here:

Schedule

Last year, every track event was sold out - so do not wait until the last minute to sign up. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I have trained instructors and instructed for this group for two years and they are very friendly to drivers of all car makes.
Funny, you should just mention this today...i was just about to post it in the "Events" section but i can't find it...is there one?

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
The events go in the appropriate regional section.
to put them on the events calendar, post the information here and then go to the calendar (there's a sticky on the parent "regional forums"
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f9/use-calendar-6532/
go to the event date and enter the event, linking back to the regional thread with event info.
HTH ... :cheers:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
SCCA *FREE* Tech Inspection for 2009 Season

SCCA PDX Tech Inspection for 2009 Season
Join us for a FREE tech inspection event at Autotire in Chesterfield Valley, Saturday, March 14th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. If you have any mechanical issues or tire needs, Autotire will work to get you taken care of same day, or set up an appointment at your convenience. Call ahead if you know you'll need pads, brake flush or other "start of season" maintenance. Hang around for BBQ and bench racing fun!

Don't forget your helmet, after a quick inspection, it can be stickered so your ready for the 2009 season.

Mention the SCCA PDX program!

What?? You don't know what PDX is? Click here to find out all about it:
Precision Driving Xperience

Mark your calenders, hope to see you there :thumbs:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
SCCA St. Louis Precision Driving Xperience

Today is the deadline for the April 8th St. Louis Precision Driving Xperience There are ONLY 2 slots left to register, so HURRY!!!

You can register at ***edited***
If you miss this event, there's another coming up in May, keep your eye posted.
Your always welcome to go "watch" these events to see if it's something your interested in. It doesn't cost anything to watch...some instructors will take you out with them on the track, all you have to do is ask.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Deadline is fast approaching for the full day event on April 25th St. Louis Precision Driving Xperience There are a few slots left to register, so HURRY!!!

You can register at ***edited***
If you miss this event, there's another coming up in May, keep your eye posted. Your always welcome to go "watch" these events to see if it's something your interested in. It doesn't cost anything to watch...some instructors will take you out with them on the track for
$15.00. Or you can take one 20 minute session for $55.00

1 - 10 of 10 Posts