Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am thinking about doing the Stage One Performance Package for my 01' Z06 from West Coast Corvettes. This package includes...

1. Complete Vortex Ram Air Intake
2. High Flow power duct
3. 178 Thermastat
4. Throttle body bypass kit
5. Adjustable fan cooler
6. MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires

Right now my Z is completely stock, what type of gains should I see in HP and Torque???

And are there any concerns I need to consider before I do this??

Please tell me your opinions and experiences and results.

Thanks Guys and Ladies.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
The items that will gain you power are the Vortex and the Power Duct. The tstat and fan contorller will reduce engine temps so you don't LOSE HP when the car runs hot.

I used to use a fan controller/tstat which made my engine run at 205-207 at the track, in hot Texas weather, rather than 235-237 when it was stock. I also see lower temps in city driving as well.

The better wires will ensure the best signal, so to speak, for the combustion proces.

The tb bypass allows a cooler fuel charge to g along with the cooler intake air charge. It won't gain you anything for the most part, it's like the tstat/fan controller option, it will prevent loss at higher temps.

If I can quote a similar package for you, please let me know.

RG

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RG for the info. I'm going to West Coast Corvettes because they are near me and I am having them do the install since I want it to come out right and not have any problems.

I want this to be done professionally and by someone professional, I don't know enough about these products to attempt to do it myself.

Your info. on the functions of the products helped me a lot.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I wouldn't expect to see a large difference on the dyno.
Might be as low as 2-3rwhp to as high as 15rwhp.

·
Registered
464 Posts
TRZ06,

I have bought several items from West Coast Corvettes and have
not been dissapointed yet, I have heard good things about RG
too. The mods you have mentioned are all fairly simple intall mods
so you might want to try to do them yourself and save a few bucks plug get to know your car better. I am by no means mechanicly inclined and the first set I bought from WCC was a stage 2 or 3 for my 99 Vert. I had that professionaly installed and
then I saw that it wasn't that difficult. Either way you'll be happy with the mods you have chosen so go for it!

Good luck,

Steve
:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts