Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a book that shows a stand that holds the drivetrain/suspension of any C5 corvette. You must have a two post lift for this stand to work.

This would allow a person to keep there entire driveline attached while working on certain parts. Also things such as clutch installs and motor repair could be done alot faster!

Has anyone every seen one of these stands in person? Are there any plans out there for fabricating one of these? Just curious? Here are some pics:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Nice stand. Have never seen anything like it. Would make things less complicated. Looks like the fender on this car is pulled out as well. Is this how they load the drive-train at the factory?

D.J.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
A tool for the man who has everything. Very :coo:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Looks like that might be helpful. Does anyone have prints for it? Or at least dimensions of the five points.

Tony #54

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
ELF Z06 said:
Looks like that might be helpful. Does anyone have prints for it? Or at least dimensions of the five points.

Tony #54
Tony,

It would appear that you could use a plumb bob on four of the points if your car was on the rack. The torque/drive shaft tube support looks like it's adjustable fore and aft and maybe in height. You could mark it on the floor. It looks like the only thing you would then need is the correct height of the four supporting points relative to each other. You could also make them adjustable in height. Or someone could just give us the dimensions.

D.J.

$.02

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thanks D.J.

There are times when I can't think outside the box. You make it sound pretty simple. Looks like I gotta start looking for wheels.

Tony #54

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Contact Wheel to Wheel in MI.
They have plans to build one.
I don't know they're contact info, I'm sure someone here has it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FRC Tom said:
Contact Wheel to Wheel in MI.
They have plans to build one.
I don't know they're contact info, I'm sure someone here has it.
Thanks! I will contact them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts