Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I am a bit new to the car world but am getting into it more and more.

First, I like to say I have been picking through the posts on z06vette off and on even before the new site was up and have to say the site and all the people seem to be fantastic w/ all kind of information. I actually find myself pulling it up at work to see what new developments have come about.

Maybe one of you could help me w/ this question - I have had my Z for about 3 months now but I havent paid a great deal of attention to my oil pressure. Not to say if I got a low level I wouldnt add it but exact readings kind of slipped by me. Now about two weeks ago I had to add about 1 1/4 quarts of 5w30 Mobil 1 because I got the low level light that came on and it seems like my oil pressure may be high. When I first start the car and takeoff it goes up to about 65 or so (not really getting on it), and once it warms up it idles around 40 or 45 and just cruising around 50. _ Does anyone know if that is normal? I tried to call a local dealer (I live in Columbus, OH and purchased in Cinci.) but the shop guy fed me a line that he didnt really know but it probably had a higher pressure oil pump and would run higher being a performance vehicle. Due to the vagueness of the owners manual, and this shop foreman I thought with the vast amount of experience available here one of you might be able to either give me a range - or let me know if something might be wrong. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I 4x checked the oil level again for the 5th time and it is right on the dot....

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
They will burn some oil......how much depends on how you drive....

As for the oil pressure, sounds slightly higher than normal (mine is about 65 on startup when cold too) but overall, in the ballpark....have you put a gold filter on it or changed the oil yet?

Nothing to worry about IMO, but others here have been following the pressure thing a bit closer....Try a search for "pressure"....

JC

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have the oil changed once at the dealer - it has about 5000 miles on it now. As far as the gold filter Im not sure what that is.

thanks for the info on the pressure though - It's a weight off!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts