Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM made it official corvette model year 2005 ending 9-08-05 sstart up of model year 2006 corvettes 9-09-05 Well looks like I have to wait even longer now for my new Z06 :cry: :cry: :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,357 Posts
Oh that bites. We get our new ones just in time to declare them for taxes for the following year. haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PerforminNorman said:
Oh that bites. We get our new ones just in time to declare them for taxes for the following year. haha
You think that bites,I have to get mine with the snow tire option! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
When would you think the production ZO6s would start being delivered to the dealers? Will the larger dealers get them much sooner than the lower production stores?

I have been considering waiving my order for the 06' and waiting for a 2007 in fear of first year glitches and possible improvements for the second year. Will production of 2007 model year cars start in September 2006?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cerberus said:
When would you think the production ZO6s would start being delivered to the dealers? Will the larger dealers get them much sooner than the lower production stores?

I have been considering waiving my order for the 06' and waiting for a 2007 in fear of first year glitches and possible improvements for the second year. Will production of 2007 model year cars start in September 2006?

Thanks.
The normal change over in model years is the end of June start of new models in july then 2 week vaction period(the whole plant at bowling green) then if all looks good they make them and dealers get them in August! Wheather they go back to there regular schedule or not I do not know ? Would hope and think so!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
I also feel your pain, being #8 at my Chevy store was told two months ago that I probably won't see mine til Nov, seems like a correct date.
Being in California you will see yours lots sooner, must be that wagon train delivery to get them out here, wonder if Ward Bond will be driving the truck.
Thats a TV trivia question as who still remembers "Wagon Train". Neat show.

curvesman said:
GM made it official corvette model year 2005 ending 9-08-05 sstart up of model year 2006 corvettes 9-09-05 Well looks like I have to wait even longer now for my new Z06 :cry: :cry: :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
curvesman said:
The normal change over in model years is the end of June start of new models in july then 2 week vaction period(the whole plant at bowling green) then if all looks good they make them and dealers get them in August! Wheather they go back to there regular schedule or not I do not know ? Would hope and think so!
Thanks for the info. I just don't know if I can wait over 18 months for the 2007 ZO6 to come out. Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,333 Posts
tonto said:
...wonder if Ward Bond will be driving the truck.
Thats a TV trivia question as who still remembers "Wagon Train". Neat show.
I guess your name indicates that you know who Jay Silverheels and Clayton Moore are too! Geez, tonto, you must be one of the old guys around here. :D

Charlie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
I'm also a member of the ZR1 net and I got the same Email from a very good source. The change over would not be until after Labor Day. Email did not say why. :z:

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
By March 2007, they will have the '07 Z06's available on the lots for under MSRP. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. It's only 25 months away. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
proexpert said:
By March 2007, they will have the '07 Z06's available on the lots for under MSRP. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. It's only 25 months away. :thumb:
:jawdrop: :( ... long time to wait, but you know what they say ... "good things come to those who wait". ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
I'm #22 at Kerbeck, so I guess November / December is about what it will be. It looks like I'll be picking up my new Z with my trailer instead of driving it home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,580 Posts
NYCHASM said:
I guess your name indicates that you know who Jay Silverheels and Clayton Moore are too! Geez, tonto, you must be one of the old guys around here. :D

Charlie
I'm afraid I resemble that :( .....tv was black and white.....you could spend a lot of time looking at the signal pattern, too.....not a lot of shows in the "days of yesteryear" ....HiOo Silver!! :p

:z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GlennSullivan said:
I'm #22 at Kerbeck, so I guess November / December is about what it will be. It looks like I'll be picking up my new Z with my trailer instead of driving it home.
Im # 17 with Maxie Price! We should be getting ours around the same time! Order a double traiter and I will drive mine from georgia and hook up with you back too NY :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,357 Posts
proexpert said:
By March 2007, they will have the '07 Z06's available on the lots for under MSRP. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. It's only 25 months away. :thumb:
I'll have 6000 miles on mine by then and tons of smiles in the bank. :rofl:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
I am #69 on Rick Daniels list. Rick told me I could expect a late winter or early spring delivery. That's a long time; however, most new production problems are encountered in the first 100 - 200 units coming off the line, so late winter/early spring might be a blessing.

I am #1 on my local dealer's list; however, he only gets one per year and so far hasn't matched Rick's deal, and I doubt that he will as he was asking $10k over initially on C6's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
I think I'll wait 'till 2007 so I get the 550 hp Z. :D
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top