Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Z06 and I plan on building up a motor and adding a STS TT kit. This is what I have in mind so far:

408 Cast Iron Block.....

Can anyone give me some advise on internals, heads, cam, etc I should all run? I plan on pushing 5-8lbs of boost daily and 12.5 to maybe even 15 on race days. I plan on purchasing the upgraded and larger turbos from STS but i'm not sure how big I should go because I don't want to lag forever and wait for the boost to come on. What do you all think?

I plan on having Antivenom build my engine but I have no way of getting ahold of them because their number is not working?...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Talk to your engine builder about what forged componets you want for your motor (pistons, rods) and the compression ratio that would suit your needs.

If you plan on going 800rwhp you will need the upgraded turbos and a fuel system. I know ECS (east coast supercharging has a good high HP fuel system) A boost controller will let you change the boost settings - i.e. street tune at 9psi and race tune at 16psi. Talk to a vendor and see what size turbos and what boost controller works best for your needs. They could help you out on Cam choice as well. They have specific grinds for turbo motors.

I know there are a few members who are doing a built 400+ci motor and the STS kit so maybe they can fill you in on more details.

Good luck with your project! Sounds like a fun one. Especially 15psi on a 408 :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Statechamp20 said:
I have a 2002 Z06 and I plan on building up a motor and adding a STS TT kit. This is what I have in mind so far:

408 Cast Iron Block.....

Can anyone give me some advise on internals, heads, cam, etc I should all run? I plan on pushing 5-8lbs of boost daily and 12.5 to maybe even 15 on race days. I plan on purchasing the upgraded and larger turbos from STS but i'm not sure how big I should go because I don't want to lag forever and wait for the boost to come on. What do you all think?

I plan on having Antivenom build my engine but I have no way of getting ahold of them because their number is not working?...
Shoot a PM over to FRC Tom, he has pretty much the same setup you're looking into. And he tunes for Greg.
PM me if you like, I have both of their cell numbers and will get you set up.

·
Registered
519 Posts
STS may have some good insight for you too. They obviously have direct knowledge of the cars their kits have gone on. May be a good idea to keep them in the loop during your planning stages. They were Extremely helpful with me and my friends kit designs.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
um.......why the 408......I'm pretty sure a forged 346 will make more power than you'll ever be able to connect to the ground also you can get away with those 2x heads vs. going bigger........thats the route I got talked down to from ECS I wanted a stroker myself and chris said there's no need, stay 346, it'll turn into wasted, useless torque (read as wheelspin under 100 mph) otherwise....my car should be goin on the dyno this week with the sts twins turned up a bit more than 6 psi it was at before if you want something to replicate...

besides teh damn iron block throws the balance of the car off and adds too much weight...the beauty of our cars is the light weight...remember you're adding in a rollbar to see the track as well....between the iron block an roll bar that just added 250 lbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts