Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone needs to get this topic off dead center, so "stay tuned" as I start price shopping for a 2002 Z06 tomorrow.
Should be fun /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif because I will not pay MSRP or higher, and most of the dealers know that. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMA Z06:

LMAO! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I originally said "stay tuned" so here's the latest update:

I have not yet received an order number from my dealer on the '02 E-blue Z. They said the constraint is preventing them from getting my order in, but I will receive their FIRST E-Blue Z! Goin' nuts guys!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif still waiting!

'01 Torch Z06, For Sale!
'02 Electron Blue/Black Coming!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Zippy,

I'm in the same boat, except after two months, the promised Z06 allocations have not materialized at Capitol Chevrolet in Montgomery. Additionally the dealer has failed to call me back six different times when he said he would do so.

Ken's newsletters say the EB constraint has been off for some weeks.

My contract with Capitol expired on Friday 6/26 and I'm shopping for a new dealer to sell me an EB 02 Z06. jerboa on the hunt /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I am sure I could get one a few weeks sooner from a larger dealer, but when it gets here it gets here, I have been looking at those cars with the little horse on them, I should have never sold my 550 to build this house. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Zippy, I believe I have mentioned this before on the forum. Criswell Chev just outside of Washington D.C. gets an allocation of 40-50 Z06's. They are performance car oriented (also sell a lot of SS Camaros, Lotus, and a few Lambos) and they not only support mods, they will install them.

I had absolutely no problem getting an EB allocation from them weeks ago. I now have a TPW of 7/30 with an 3100 event code - so it's gonna be in my hands by the end of next month. I am purchasing the car for $1,500 under MSRP.

If you are interested, call Dean Holmburg, new car sales manager (301 590-8431) and tell him you are looking for the kinda deal he has with me - Jerry Yaros

·
Registered
255 Posts
Zippy, I got my EB Z06 from Classic Chevy and have a TPW and Code 3100. They are a large dealership that gets around 40-50 Z06. There telephone number is 800-388-1098 and as for Ty Whiting. I do not know their discount structure and you have a e-mail from me on what I paid.

If I can be of any help please, do not hesitate to ask.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-07-05 08:32, BLEUBYU spewed forth this drivel:
Zippy, I believe I have mentioned this before on the forum. Criswell Chev just outside of Washington D.C. gets an allocation of 40-50 Z06's. They are performance car oriented (also sell a lot of SS Camaros, Lotus, and a few Lambos) and they not only support mods, they will install them.

I had absolutely no problem getting an EB allocation from them weeks ago. I now have a TPW of 7/30 with an 3100 event code - so it's gonna be in my hands by the end of next month. I am purchasing the car for $1,500 under MSRP.

If you are interested, call Dean Holmburg, new car sales manager (301 590-8431) and tell him you are looking for the kinda deal he has with me - Jerry Yaros

Jerry,
I just got off the phone with Criswell. Dean wasn't in so I spoke with Peter Eaton. Peter quoted the EB Z06 at MSRP. When I mentioned your posting here, they said that under no circumstances does Criswell sell the "405 Hp" car for less than MSRP. Don't know what is going on, but the stories are not consistent.

jerboa still looking /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Jerboa, Dean Holmburg is off this week. I suggest calling him next week - he is the new car sales manager. I do not know the person you spoke with - probably a floor sales guy. I would not waste time talking with anyone except Dean - hopefully he would be willing to work with you.

I can only tell you what deal I got... I do not know why they would offer it to me at that price and not be willing to offer it to anyone else. The only circumstance that might be different with me is that I previously had a $500 deposit with Criswell for a 2003 Anniv when I decided to go with the '02 EB Z06.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Jerboa and others - I just called Criswell to see what is going on with their Z06 allocations. Criswell's very considerable allocation is already largely spoken for, and they will NOT offer any deals like mine to new purchasers on the '02 Z.

So, I must apologize to anyone who I inadvertantly misled re pricing they could get from this dealership. The sales folks told me that the new Z is hot (especially here in "recession proof" Washington D.C). They have also heard that there will be no appreciable power changes for the anniv models, so 405 h/p may well be the high water point for the production C5.

Personally, if I were not getting this deal, I would be looking real hard at one of those discounted '01s...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
On 2001-07-04 22:55, jerboa spewed forth this drivel:
Zippy,

I'm in the same boat, except after two months, the promised Z06 allocations have not materialized at Capitol Chevrolet in Montgomery. Additionally the dealer has failed to call me back six different times when he said he would do so.

Ken's newsletters say the EB constraint has been off for some weeks.

My contract with Capitol expired on Friday 6/26 and I'm shopping for a new dealer to sell me an EB 02 Z06. jerboa on the hunt /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Closing this loop. Capitol did refund my $1500 deposit at the end of our contract as they said they would. Thanks.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update as of 8-29-01:

I picked up my '02 EBZ yesterday from Kevin Will at Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn, Michigan.

Very pleased with the total buying/delivery process! Car was absolutely spotless and waiting for me....paperwork went smooth and easy. Will definitely buy from Kevin again. Thanks to all the good people at Stanford!

Zippy :) :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts