Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was built on 8-15 so it should be anytime now.Theres just one minor problem, iv'e got a really steep driveway!!I've looked over every possible angle of entry and it don't look good.That car is going in that damn garage if I have to pay the whole neighborhood lift it from the street to the garage and back again.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good idea. If i put a few boards down and back in at an angle that may work.I just don't know how big my problem is until the car arrives. Tomorrow maybe? I hope.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would consider moving. Life is short. Don't start every drive with a scrape or hate coming home. Just call the real estate agent and tell the wife and kids they get to make some new friends and/or go to a new school. They'll understand. Make a fresh start of it. Rearrange some priorities. So what if you take a little hit on the house and have to face those closing costs again. It'll work out. Ten or maybe twelve years they will all be laughing about this. Trust me.;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I also have a steep driveway. with deep and curved rain gutters being the real problem (letting the front and the front airdam scrape. 3/4 in plywood boards over a nailed shaped 2" x 4 " now serves as the bridge. It definitely smoothed out the steep angle of attack.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I also have a steep driveway and I just laid down a couple of 2 X 6 and a 2 X 4 and drive in at an angle. It works slick. The boards are only about $2 each. Cheap alternative if it works.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am surprised that this seems to be the first time on either forum to have this topic discussed. Yet it should be a frequent problem for many C5 owners. I barely scrape my front spoiler most of the time leaving the driveway BUT never entering. If I turn sharply enough leaving it I can avoid the scraping. On two occasions I discovered I could not enter the driveways of people I was visiting without heavily scraping the front frame runners. This made me immediately abort the attempt and park on the street. It made me realize many people could buy a C5 and discover great difficulty entering or leaving their own driveway. :(

GOLD72

·
Registered
245 Posts
I lowered my Z a few weeks back. I am really having trouble at my in-laws with their driveway.

I did not even know these frame savers existed. I am going to have to get them on ASAP!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Two suggestions.
First, I have seen a product in Mid America's catalogue that might do the trick. Someone help me out here, but I remember that they are like steel scrape guards that seem to mount near the spoiler. They mount at a 90 degree angle to the spoiler. If someone could look in the catalogue for me. I didn't see it on the web just now.

Second, if you think your neighborhood would get pissed if you put some boards in the street in front of your house, just buy a bag of sand and lay some down in front of the driveway. This shouldn't get the car dirty as the wheels won't even make a full revolution through the sand. Remember that it doesn't have to go all the way to the top of the drive, only enough to make you not scrape.
Same idea with the boards. You don't have to make exquisite ramps, just buy one long one and lay it down in the "gutter" so that you have a tier between the street and the drive. Should do the trick. Actually, a dowl rod would work great and be easy to move into and out of position.
chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts