Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They make a fine product when its right, but as most of you know I got a set of new Okoles, sealed in the box from a forum member awhile back with upside down logos.

How this managed to get out of the door in the first place amazes me. What kind of intelluctual giant QC'd this product? Well, no harm done.....yet.

RG from Exit 28 was nice enough to contact Okole for me (you're supposed to contact the manufacturer) and they informed them that they would not ship me a set of tops to replace what I had. They wanted the tops first, repair them, and send them back.

I could see if the stiching came out after a couple months or I needed a repair but this is quality control gone horribly wrong, not due to use or wear, just blatant disregard, and now, they want me to wait several weeks while the things are repaired due to their error.

Steer clear and if you don't better hope nothing ever goes wrong.

JC

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I had a set of WO's seat covers in my Jeep and they were the biggest waste of money. The color faded extremely quickly and as far as durability......there was none. They looked like trash within a year.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Thanks Bro :) I was thinking of getting a set.....no more:mad:

That's BS....how can they treat their customers that way??

Must be run by the Taliban

:D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
JC, I thought they'd just send you a new set while you return the defective set - not try and fix the old ones? The old stitching can never be 'undone'. A hole is a hole is a hole.

Possibly operating on a tight budget, or run by bean counters.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have had my Wet's for about 3-4 months and they are perfect in fit and finish.....I would buy them again.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Our story...

JC,

There are a few things to mention. I learned of this on about a month or so ago. I offered to fix them and at the time, JC was moving and wanted to wait until he had the new address secured until we did something.

These covers are over 180 days old, JC is not the original owner and they are being used in the car. The original owner never noticed it I guess. That doesn't excuse W/O from making mistakes, but, they are willing to fix them at no charge, as it should be at no charge. JC tells me people hardly notice the upside down logo. Maybe the car is going to fast at the time:) JC explained that he has driven the car 4 times in the last 2 weeks on the covers.

We offered as we got JC's last email a minute or so ago with his reference to disuading his users from these items, to order a new set, to send those and have him return the others after installation.

The fear of Wet Okole is that they will not be able to sell them in good faith, as new after the repair, though they tell me, and I have seen one fix they made to a C4 set we had a couple of months ago, you won't be able to tell.

We have a ton of very happy and repeat customers on the Wet Okole product and they have fixed items in the past that were there mistakes.

If JC will let us get those he is using fixed, we will:) or the other offer we sent beofre reading this, is still open.

Here is what they look like with the correct logo placement. The top section needs to be fixed on JC's:

RG

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
01ZEE06 said:
Thanks Bro :) I was thinking of getting a set.....no more:mad:

That's BS....how can they treat their customers that way??

Must be run by the Taliban

:D
Taliban...no, not quite:) I know you are joking, but, still, they ain't the Taliabn,:D Just a manufacturer wanting to fix the items:0

RG

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Manatee said:
JC, I thought they'd just send you a new set while you return the defective set - not try and fix the old ones? The old stitching can never be 'undone'. A hole is a hole is a hole.

They tell me and I have seen other fixes and switch out of colors on the inserts from drivers who didn't like their first choice or sold the car soon after the Wet Okole's installed, and they look like new. I wouldn't allow our customers to accept that anymore than the logos being upside down. We have always worked to have the manufacturer fix them at no charge.

RG

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to clarify, these covers were delivered to me by a close friend, SEALED in the box, never opened, this is why the original owner never noticed.

I want to also mention that RG has done 1000% effort in trying to resolve this, customer support has been outstanding, even though this is not even Exit28 's responsibility.

This post in no way reflects badly on them, in fact, quite the opposite. I am more than pleased with the way RG has handled this and the reason I declined RG sending a new set is principle.

RG should NOT have to take this hit out of his own pocket, which is bascially what he is doing, commendable indeed, but totally unacceptable to me.

I protect our members and in this case, I feel that I am protecting RG from this companies shady business practices.

All of this over 2 pieces of neoprene!!!!!

I am truly sorry if your sales of Okoles suffer RG but I will not stand by and let another member get into this situation.

If Okole decides to do the right thing then I will update this situation, but I won't have RG paying for this manufacturers blatant mistake and mismanagment of quality control.

As a note, I love the covers, this is the reason I won't do without them while they travel cross-country.......twice.

Again, Exit 28 has gone above and beyond on this situation and I can totally say that theirs is some of the best customer service I've witnessed in a long time.

JC

·
Registered
993 Posts
well put

i will only buy from companies that are fair to this sight and its members yes to exit 28 no to okoles i will use the new york times for seat covers before okoles and of course rightside up:D :D let us know what happens i know if i owned okoles i would not want 5000 pissed Z06 OWNERS OUT THERE!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
OK, please point me again. What is a Wet Okole and why do I want it? Is this a neoprene seat cover? I want that on my jetski but - on my Z? Got a web site?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I had these on my 2000 FRC for over a year and they looked as good the day I sold the car as they did on day one. You just have to keep them clean and follow the directions that come with them. I'm thinking about ordering another set as soon as I figure out what color would look best.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Isn't neoprene hot in summer, cold in winter? Other than appearance, what are some of the advantages?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Don't understand

Manatee said:
A hole is a hole is a hole.

Seems to me it is A hole, A hole, A hole

Why does anyone put seat covers on a new Corvette? Is this like the plastic covers my mother put on our new sofa, forcing me to sit on the floor to avoid the plastic? I asked her who we were saving them for. She said I didn't understand. Guess I still don't understand. Z06Y lady, befuddled :(

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They are more comfortable and you don't slide around as easy. Plus they don't stay freezing cold like the leather does. Too, they snug up a little better for my smaller (5' 11') frame.........

JC

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Freezing??

N4C5S said:
They are more comfortable and you don't slide around as easy. Plus they don't stay freezing cold like the leather does. Too, they snug up a little better for my smaller (5' 11') frame.........

JC
What is freezing cold?? Z06Y Lady, California Girl...Wish they all could be... :D

·
Registered
912 Posts
I just recieved a set from RG last week,spoke to Thersa she was real pleasant and very helpful haven't had time to put them on yet but i was happy with Exit 28 and the quality of the seat covers,sorry to hear of your problem JC hopefully WO will come thru and do the right thing.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
RG,

If Okole does THE RIGHT THING for JC, I'll buy a set for my Z from you immediately and I'll stand up at our next Corvette Club meeting and tell all 50+ members they should get some. Just give me a flyer and I'll copy it and see to it that all of the members get one and they can see mine on my Z:)

I've heard nothing but good things about these covers.....mainly, that you don't slide on the seat when generating 1 G in a corner:D

Z06Y lady, you ever had the slippery seat problem? If not, you ain't "driving it like you stole it!!" Or, maybe you are and have a 6 point harness:lol:

It seems to me that the Manufacturer made a defective product, and should take it back and get JC a NEW unflawed set. To hell with the time problem. They can fix the flawed one's and donate them at a car show or to a Vette Club and write off the cost as a donation expense.

RG, are these guys just being "Pig Headed," or are they just not smart businessmen?

My 2 cents.....RG your a good man :cheers:

Barrie

·
Registered
803 Posts
01ZEE06 said:

Z06Y lady, you ever had the slippery seat problem? If not, you ain't "driving it like you stole it!!" Or, maybe you are and have a 6 point harness.
I guess I AM a wimpy driver. I use the 'Competition Mode' of the factory seat belt (i.e. engage the buckle, pull the lap belt all the way out, allow to retract, and then I suck it in and push the belt down tighter). Works for me!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts