Registered
7,548 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Andrew,

Welcome!

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/Z06/info.shtml

there's your link. If your not a museum member, now's the perfect chance. you save on ALL fest events when you are a member, and it's just the right thing to do :yeadog:

the DART tour is a must. The homestead BBQ is cool just to check out the cool spread the NCM director has. They don't have a Maker's Mark tour this year, but check out a thread here where Mark D. is putting one together. It's a great drive out in the country, and the tour is really fascinating. the place is really steeped in history.

IMO, the Drags are ok to do once. I did them last year. I'm not one that's really interested in driving a car in a straight line but that's just me. They are DEFINITELY fun to watch for sure. Some guys and girls have really got their rides pimped for serious speed.

I didn't check out any of the speaker events(I was either driving around with folks or inside the museum or taking a factory tour). This year could be very interesting in this area though, with a lot of technical inside info. about the new Z06 to be released during this sessions it appears from the schedule.

I didn't do the autocross last year. I save my rubber and brakes for the REAL tracks :D BTW, check out another thread here. There is a DE(driver's ed) event at Nashville Raceway before the fest starts. If you have never had your Z06 on a road course, you need to do this. They have instructors in every car and put you in your experience class so you don't do anything stupid. Great fun.

Probably the best event is hanging out under the arch at the Hampton to meet and greet folks...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Yes, you need to go to the corvette museum site and sign up and also sign up for the DE event in Nashville. The Z06 fest is the best fun you will ever have with your pants on. It's like a family re-union where you actually like everyone. You will not want to go home. And don't worry if you don't know anyone....just show up at the Hampton and introduce yourself. Rudy and I were shy the first year of the fest, but after that, we just got involved. Everyone is super nice and we are all like a big family.

You just need to invite yourself to the Hampton and to dinner. We have a great time. Don't be afraid to walk up to any of us and introduce yourself.

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
Buy and offer beer to all you see!! :cheers: :drunken:

But some prefer MM & Coke :roll:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
blkZ06 said:
I am getting the impression that MM and Coke is the new

Z06Fest drink of choice:rofl:

don't know why

Oh Yeah!!!! :thumb: Make mine Diet coke and MM please! :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts

no... really..
i'll drink to that..

LOL

what a good time..
tour ? we don't need no stinkin tour . :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Don't forget the cigars to go with that Makers Mark.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
blkZ06 said:
I am getting the impression that MM and Coke is the new

Z06Fest drink of choice:rofl:

don't know why

Did someone say MM??? :guiness:

Da... that stuffs goooooooood :guiness: :drunken:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts