Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am sure this has been discussed before but am too damn lazy to "hunt" for it. The factory stereo is weak at best. I would normally just try to replace the speakers but as I recall, in the Bose system, each speaker has its own amp so it is not as simple as removing the Bose speakers and plugging in something else.
Is this fact?? I don't need/want some ass kicking boom box sound, but the factory unit just doesn't have it. Really don't want to tear out the factory in dash either.....any hot tips out there?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
gbjerke,

I'm in the same boat with you, looking for better sound but without ripping up the dash or having visible amps... same questions.

On my C4 the Bose system did have separate amps for each speaker, but I'm not sure on the C5. Maybe C4C5 knows???

Unfortunately the rear speakers really stink, and they are the ones you hear most at highway speeds. Fading to the fronts does seem to help a bit.

Playing around with the Stereo settings, I found that if I boosted the treble (2 o'clock) and faded to the front speakers (2 o'clock), I am a tiny bit happier with the sound. I left the bass set at 12 o'clock.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
pmontelo said:
gbjerke,

I'm in the same boat with you, looking for better sound but without ripping up the dash or having visible amps... same questions.

On my C4 the Bose system did have separate amps for each speaker, but I'm not sure on the C5.

Unfortunately the rear speakers really stink, and they are the ones you hear most at highway speeds. Fading to the fronts does seem to help a bit.

Playing around with the Stereo settings, I found that if I boosted the treble (2 o'clock) and faded to the front speakers (2 o'clock), I am a tiny bit happier with the sound. I left the bass set at 12 o'clock.
pmontelo brings up an interesting question.

What settings are others using w/ stock systems? :-?

I am: Bass 1 o'clock
Treb 3 o'clock
Fader 0

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...I'll do some experimenting but may well visit a stereo shop w/ the idea of keeping the in dash unit intact. Am sure we will get other comments on this issue here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts