Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with replacing the factory stereo in their Z06?

·
Registered
0 Posts
David,

Welcome to the forum!! :cool:

FUBU69 probably has the nicest stereo setup on the forum. Drop him an email for the details, he is very helpful.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
David Pintaric said:
Has anyone had any experience with replacing the factory stereo in their Z06?

Yes....and that is an understatement. Included in the install is:

Kenwood KDC-X817 head unit
Kenwood KDC-CX78 10 CD Changer
Alpine MRDF752 Class T Power Amp
2 6.5" Boston Acoustic front in doors
2 2" Boston Acoustic tweeters in doors
2 Boston Acoustic RX57 Rear speakers (pillar)
2 10" JL Audio subs for wells in trunk

All parts used are Pheonix Gold. Roadkill (sound insulation) will not be added due to additional weight gain. Therfore sound system can be heard very plainly from outside the car with all types of accompanying vibration noise--inside however, the sound is very good with no hint of rattle or reverb.

All work in the trunk is custom fiberglass built, the boxes for the 10" subs. The face of the head unit flips over whenever keys are removed from ignition. I also hard wired my Passport 8500 to the ignition, so it comes on automatically when the key is turned. Satellite radio (Sirius not XM)is included @ $9.00 per month.

The system has turned out to be very balanced and somewhat bright, although front pillar tweeters would really be nice. Can it rock your socks off?---Do you need all that bass?---- You betcha!

Total price installed $4059.38

I just got finished with this before Christmas. Check out my website of the install.

http://chantalray.homestead.com/z06stereo.html

·
Registered
496 Posts
I changed the head unit out on my 01. I only did the head unit with a harness that allowed the stock Bose speakers to be used. It's still not the best sound in the world, but with all the road noise, I didn't see the need to upgrade the entire system as much of the sound would be lost anyway. I went with the Explod system from Sony.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
That Momo knob looks familiar...:) ...do you like yours? What do you do about the chrome area getting hot in the summer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts