Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that my stock shifter has a couple of points where the shifter will "rest" and not be in dead neutral position. For instance if I push over to right towards reverse but not up into reverse and let go it will stay over to that side instead of returning to center. Off to left is not as bad (will pop back) but if I push down towards 2nd a little (bit not in) it will stick there as well.

Doesn't seem to cause any trouble as normally I would not do either of these actions... but is it normal?:roll:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
The stock shifter doesn't have centering springs.....sounds normal.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
IceSabre said:
I've noticed that my stock shifter has a couple of points where the shifter will "rest" and not be in dead neutral position. For instance if I push over to right towards reverse but not up into reverse and let go it will stay over to that side instead of returning to center. Off to left is not as bad (will pop back) but if I push down towards 2nd a little (bit not in) it will stick there as well.

Doesn't seem to cause any trouble as normally I would not do either of these actions... but is it normal?:roll:
The sooner you acknowledge that the stock shifter is junk (and that LOTS of its crappy idiosyncrasies are "normal"), the sooner you'll swap it out for an aftermarket one and REALLY be enjoying your driving experience! :)

-Kirk

·
Registered
514 Posts
So then a Ripper...

...has centering springs, right?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Yes, the Ripper has the springs and it goes through the gears like a guided missle, no more guess work, short, firm, precise shifting.

·
Registered
514 Posts
OK...

...now I really want one!

Thanks VettTheRipper.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Sticky shifter

KMeloney said:

The sooner you acknowledge that the stock shifter is junk (and that LOTS of its crappy idiosyncrasies are "normal"), the sooner you'll swap it out for an aftermarket one and REALLY be enjoying your driving experience! :)

-Kirk

Luke.... Luke.... come to the dark side....

:lol:

I've been putting it off, but the dislike of the stock one is beginning to pile up... may have to sooner than later :)

Thanks for confirming it was normal for shifter [TEXAS]ya'll[/TEXAS]

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Re: OK...

Stogo & Ice... What's up, guys?! Does Texas filter out all the posts about aftermarket shifters?! ;) How could yo'all have been around here this long and not been persuaded to get Rippers (or something) by now?!

Well, at least there's still time... :)

Go out and "git you some!"

:cheers:

-Kirk

·
Registered
514 Posts
KMeloney

OK, took off my "Don't show after market shifter post" from my profile.

:)

Seriously though, I've been wanting to get one. I just wanted to make sure it has the feature that Ice was talking about.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey you Texas guys are fix'n to get us labled????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts