Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Baer Eradispeed rotors on the car but I need to upgrade something in order to get a stiffer feel to the pedal. Right now it stops on a dime but I want to tweek it a bit performance-wise.

What do I need? Who makes it? Where can I buy it?

Thanks in advance! Jeff Nation

PS--I would like to keep the OEM Red Calipers but if they HAVE to go I will part with them. :(

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I assume you....

... put on a good set of Stainless Steel lines when you put on the Eradispeeds. If you didn't put on the Goodridge lines. They will stiffen the pedal "Feel". Also high performance fluid is in order if they get mushy when they're hot, Motul600 or AP600 are my recommendation. Also check to make sure they were bled "Hot" and tap the calipers with a rubber mallet to get all the air out of the caliper.

If they are still mushy when hot I would look at rebleeding the whole system and the ABS, then Stainless steel Caliper pistons from Doug Rippie.

If they are mushy cold then I would look at the Master cylinder.

·
Registered
620 Posts
DJ and I disagree about SS lines. :)
I have put them on 3 different C4's and C5's and didn't notice any difference, including use on track.
What I think happens is people change to SS lines forcing them to bleed the system, usually with better fluid and Voila! firmer pedal, caused by the better, fresher fluid.
I have a set of DRM SS lines I took off mine if you want them.
No flames intended. Just my experiences with SS lines.
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts