Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help,

I want to bring my Z home from the Green Bay area, but I'm worried about cold roads and the Goodyears. I bought the car the second week of January and wasn't about to bring it home with snow on the roads. Now that the snow is mostly gone, I want to go and pick up the car. YES :jammin: !! Is it just the snow, or do these tires really suck in the cold as well? As long as the temp is in the 20's and 30's will I be able to get the car back safely with no ice and snow? Will they warm up after a little driving? The Z is a 2003 with 8500 miles on the original tires. Lot's of tread left though.

I was with a friend who wanted to buy an S2000. It was in the low 20's and no ice, but when we took a corner early in the drive and he got on it a little, the car did a 180! Not fun, especially since I was in the passanger seat :eek:.

Thanks,

Tim :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Not a problem! I drive mine all the time in cold weather (7000 mi on the stock F1s). Just take your time getting used to the car and use good common sense. You will be fine!

·
Registered
407 Posts
The F-1's do not like the cold <38F. I do not drive my Z in the winter, because of snow, salt and the tires...
All this said, look for a "good day" these days, and take the car out, drive the car nicely and keep traction & stability on- brings you car home.

..... Then clean her!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Tim, I would pick up your car but just take it easy and drive with the Competition Mode on at all times. The F1's will break loose easy in the cold weather, but will be OK for normal driving. Spring is almost here, and I KNOW you will be driving your Z around with that BIG :D ! Better pick up some of those Crest Whitestrips. Good Luck. :guiness:

Bob

·
Registered
518 Posts
You'll be fine, the GY's don't like cold but as long as you're not pushing it hard you'll be fine. you can still go much faster than is legal with zero issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts