Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally decided my car needs the bark to match it's bite(z06 isn't exactly a "sleeper" to begin with). Someone on one of the "other forums" has offered to trade me a set of Dual Tip Borla Stingers for my Stock Ti's.Is this a good trade? The exhaust looks to be in good shape and should defintley out perform my stock 1. But value wise is this a good deal? I'm 99% sure it is, but i'm just looking to see what you more experienced guys think i should do.

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's a fair trade....stock Ti's go for about $350-450,and the the Stingers go for about the same price used. Go for it....it'll wake your baby up!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me as well. It'll certainly add BITE.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i did not like the deceleration popping and put the titanium back on.if you can, ride in a car with the stingers first to give it a good listen.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Stingers are great, but you will need a partition added if you want to hear your stereo or carry on a conversation.

It took me a few weeks to get used to mine, but now I love 'em. I would never go back to stock.

I sold my stock system for 500.00 and paid 599.00 for the stingers new.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Installed Borla Quad Ovals couple thousand miles ago...Love Them More Everyday
Install A partition ? Sure but you will turn down the exhaust music,but then you can always keep the windows down

Yes There is Deceleration Popping...Slight & Bearable..IMHO

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good thing i just got a partition last week :) (haven't installed it yet due to the car being in the shop). As for the popping,my previous car was a 396 lt1 camaro w/ long tubes,no cats,and a magnaflow. I can't imagine the stingers being any worse than that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Upadte:9/17

Well i finally made the swap today and i know it's been said a million times but, WOW. Defintley think the stingers were the missing link in my mods. I know there's alot of hardcore ti. users on here and i know there's a million posts bout the stingers, but i'm now a believer.Thanks to all those who suggested i make the swap. The car's bark now finally matches it's bite. This is what an 11 second car SHOULD sound like.
-Steve

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
DisturbedZ06 said:
Well i finally made the swap today and i know it's been said a million times but, WOW. Defintley think the stingers were the missing link in my mods. I know there's alot of hardcore ti. users on here and i know there's a million posts bout the stingers, but i'm now a believer.Thanks to all those who suggested i make the swap. The car's bark now finally matches it's bite. This is what an 11 second car SHOULD sound like.
-Steve
:jammin: :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
DisturbedZ06 said:
-Steve
Yep, really wakes it up don't it! :yeadog:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
DisturbedZ06 said:
I've finally decided my car needs the bark to match it's bite(z06 isn't exactly a "sleeper" to begin with). Someone on one of the "other forums" has offered to trade me a set of Dual Tip Borla Stingers for my Stock Ti's.Is this a good trade? The exhaust looks to be in good shape and should defintley out perform my stock 1. But value wise is this a good deal? I'm 99% sure it is, but i'm just looking to see what you more experienced guys think i should do.
It's a good deal, If you were to sell your old TI cat-back would get 300.00 to 400.00 for it. Buy a new Borla and it would cost you 600.00 to 700.00. You are going to be money ahead. :z:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
You made a good deal. You're right about this being the way the car should sound. A stock Cobra should NOT sound better than a Z06!! My six year old runs out of the garage with his hands over his ears when he sees me with the keys. Of course my 10 year old wants to rev it up and listen to the blower whistle!! :D (I'm so proud!!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts