Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
run what, 1/4, corners, top end, 1/8 mile?

what does te 95 Zr1 have, 405? if you push the button?

what does it weigh, 3600 versus 3100 of the z06?

I believe with same drivers the Zr1 couldnt hold on any, but the Z06 is a tricky SOB to launch, I dont know anything about launching a ZR1, wish I did :coo:

tell who you against to be careful , aint those Zr1 motors some High-teck expensive units?

Luis

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Morzoff said:
countryblue,
Read this thread I raced a ZR1 :D I have 2004 Z. Very good reading :thumb:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70817&highlight=Morzoff

its an Ok thread, alot disagreed but it was clear that most agreed that the Z06 would win on low end and the Zr1 would win up top, the disagreeing was where that top end is,

from my experience with my Z06 bone stock, on top end meaning trapping 117.9 mph I win versus the ZR1s 114mph, from a 70mph roll I can take 911 turbos, 550rwhp cobras, and suprinsgly I kept up with a 600rwhp Supra(maybe somethings wrong with it ;) ). to know that the ZR1 can do better then that on the top end is astonishing, If thats the truth that is sick :yeadog:

the point is that most said top end such as above 120mph which really means nothing here the states, now take that ZR1 to Europe I would love...

But I think the Z06 is one of the most top end accelerators for the power to date, so it puts the ZR1 on the VERY top...

BUT.... there is miss leading information there, someone mentioned the other ZR1 had 4.10 gears and maybe that was the reason it didnt pass on the top, and someone disagreed by saying that it didnt matter, And I agree with the initial statement which is adding 4.10 gears swap to ANY car takes aways top end acceleration...

Anyone who thinks that shorter gearing will make them faster is a bit confused, it will make you accelerate faster from low speeds but at the top it will hurt it more then you gained on the low end, so lets say the ZR1 is that much faster then the Z06 on top end, Give me the one with the 4.10 gears and I'll keep up with no Problem :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Stock for Stock a Z06 will kill a ZR1 in the 1/4 mile. 80 MPH and up the opposite is true. I own both kinds of cars. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
IT L GO said:
Stock for Stock a Z06 will kill a ZR1 in the 1/4 mile. 80 MPH and up the opposite is true. I own both kinds of cars. :cheers:

That's what I learned from my race,
The only reason he stayed with me down low from a
35mph roll, was because he was heavily modded low gears, chip etc...

·
Registered
46 Posts
no disrespect...the only way your beating a 996tt starting at 70 is if the turbos are broke or he wasnt racing you...I know I have/had both...and welcome races always :guiness:

anyways this ZR1 talk makes me think it is a great car to get as will/is a classic for corvette.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for replys. he told me he had 410s..mostly we are curious...dont know if it will be from a roll but I expect it will be from a standing start.And I do worry about breaking loose on 2nd that seems where it always happends to me....gary

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
countryblue said:
thanks for replys. he told me he had 410s..mostly we are curious...dont know if it will be from a roll but I expect it will be from a standing start.And I do worry about breaking loose on 2nd that seems where it always happends to me....gary
Gary,
I noticed that you are from Tracy, would this race be with a black ZR1?

From San Leandro he has 4:10 etc.., or there is another one in, I think Dublin?

P.S. Good luck :jammin:

See Ya,
Mike

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Morzoff said:
Gary,
I noticed that you are from Tracy, would this race be with a black ZR1?

From San Leandro he has 4:10 etc.., or there is another one in, I think Dublin?

P.S. Good luck :jammin:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike he's from Elk grove....gary

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
The ZR1 cant beat a Z06 from any roll in my opinion. However, i noticed that ive been arguing with many people over what can beat what. That is why i wont argue much anymore, if anyone disagrees with me either prove me wrong(by finding someone to race me) or lets agree to disagree.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Raced a ZR1 twice from a dig, up to the bottom of 4th.

Pulled twice on him by 2 carlengths in the first 1/8 mile. The next 1/8 mile, we were dead even, neither pulling on another. But I could swear he was starting to pull ever so slightly as I was well into 4th. I'd agree that the ZR1 would likely have increased it's rate of closure as the speed got higher.

·
Registered
561 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
The ZR1 cant beat a Z06 from any roll in my opinion. However, i noticed that ive been arguing with many people over what can beat what. That is why i wont argue much anymore, if anyone disagrees with me either prove me wrong(by finding someone to race me) or lets agree to disagree.
C'mon - Don't be so sensitive. :lol: :thumb: Every one of us has something different to share. That's why we are here.

Seriously, it is just a message board.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Both cars are amazing vehicles and I would not mind owning either one! From viewing all the threads on this post I think it is safe to say that both cars are fairly equal. Can't we all just get along? :cheers:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
The only ZR-1 I've ever tangled with was at VIR. I was expecting him to pull me down the back staight, but he didn't infact my bolt-on Z walked him good. This was up to 150 mph.

·
Registered
33 Posts
countryblue said:
Mike he's from Elk grove....gary
Hello I think it will be a good race. As for who will win who cares you are both winners. As long as you have fun. After the race with mike (1bad zo6) I have the up most respect for the z06. And i think i had a little impact on him to :p
is his name bill ? from elk grove
Let us know how it goes? I will be routing for the vette to win :rofl:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts