Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I didn't read the article, but if your not running an LS6 engine and just want to pump up the motor some, i don't think it will give you that much.. (just the rockers) that is.

Now if you install a 06 cam and go with the 1.8 rockers, what's the point.. unless money is not a problem.

You may as well get a good cam installed along with a good LS1 tune.. I think you would be ahead of the game.

Just my .02 worth

Ernie

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
You will pick up very little on an otherwise stock car by going with the 1.8 rockers. I didn't, GMBlack didn't, and the list goes on. When/if you upgrade the cam and springs that would be a good time to take 1.8 rockers into consideration.

Les

bobgodd said:
Sooooooooo........ 1.8 roller rockers would be a worth while upgrade right?????

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not sure what rocker you installed, but the jury is still out on GMBlack. He picked up 6 HP on completely different times of year (cool vs. hot) and I think when he re-dynoes in the fall his numbers will come back. He is the first I have heard of that didn't get a boost from the Cranes, and the difference was his dyno times/weather.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes im using the LS6 engine, my bad, i figured it would be obvious since it is the z06vette board and all. anywho, cam choices are EXTREMELY limited seeing as how i live in california, so RR's would be a good option for me. i dont see how they wouldn't net good gains, if an LS1 responds well to new roller rockers, why wouldnt the LS6??

·
Registered
475 Posts
The plus side of this issue is you get a better set of valve springs. There have been valve spring failures by several forum members. Beside you get less friction, and a better attach angle in the valve stem with less scuffing.

Chas.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The Cranes are a better setup in my opinion. I plan to buy a set at Carlisle this week. The Cranes will also provide more valve duration due to the way they lift off the base circle motion when valve opening starts. The stockers open at 1.54:1 whereas the Cranes will start at 1.89:1 for the 1.8's and 1.79:1 for the 1.7's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts