Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I re-instelled my stock shifter to go to the dealer today and couldnt figure out how that aligment pin on the front went, is it the short piece towards the floor or is it the long side?

I noticed if I put the short side to the floor it wouldnt go right, If I put the long piece it would go in the whole, but it If you forced down in the whole the shifter wouldnt move so I was scared it would fibrate down :-?

I also dropped while playing with it, what is it for anyways? I drove the car to work with no problem, I'll need time to get out of there,

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
Im talking about the pin on the front of the shifter , they call it the "aligment pin"

Luis...that is what it is for. It's the "alignment pin". The long side goes into the hole. What do you mean your shifter won't move if the pin is in correctly? :-?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I found my answer on spdkilz

http://www.spdkilz.com/Spdkilz/Hurst Install/hurst18.jpg

Its that key pin on the front part of the shiter base, the short side is in the shifter and the long piece goes 90 * down to the floor, If that pin goes all the way down in the whole the shifter doesnt move, I wonder If its ok not to have that piece in? :-?
It had something to do with the build process when the car was on the assembly line I believe and is not needed.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
I hope they have a different system on the C6 knob so we don't have to fight with that pin in the future. :D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MSiska said:
Luis...that is what it is for. It's the "alignment pin". The long side goes into the hole. What do you mean your shifter won't move if the pin is in correctly? :-?

click on the link for spdkilz, if you look at the short side of the pin it is all the way up on the slot, you can slide it half way down which would make it in the whole, If you slide it down all the way down the slot it will go in all the way down the whole and the shifter will not shift, this is the link

http://www.spdkilz.com/Spdkilz/Hurst Install/hurst18.jpg

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
panzer said:
I hope they have a different system on the C6 knob so we don't have to fight with that pin in the future. :D

the shifter seems to operate fine without :-? I cant see that pin doing anything but harm, if it vibrates and slides all the way down your shifter will become paralized :bang:

·
Registered
292 Posts
May I ask why you are reinstalling the stock shifter to visit the dealer?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stumbo said:
May I ask why you are reinstalling the stock shifter to visit the dealer?

I just got the Hurst a few weeks back, I had some trans wine maybe due to their neglect of fix the leaking read diff leak, It might not even be trans wine, It might be just a bad case of the X-pipe jingle, But just to be safe since I never had anything aftermarket in there no point of giving them excuses now that any problems with my car might be because of an aftermarket shifter...

Im sure I wouldnt have a problem being that the wihining was there b4 the shifter install, but I dont wont anything against me :NoNo: :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts