Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang! I just installed my Borla 2-tip this weekend. They are just what the doctored ordered. So far, everywhere I have gone, people are giving me the thumbs up.

In the process of making my decision I read a lot of differing opinions on the weight difference.

Most recently, I read the stock Ti was 19lbs per side and there was a difference of 10 lbs between the Borla.

Well, I am here to tell you that the difference is ONLY 2 lbs per side!!!

The stock Ti weighed in at 13 lbs. and the Borla at 15 lbs.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Seems to be correct. My research shows 8 pounds total for the 4 tip Borla over the Ti. Which to me is negligible :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
jub jub said:
That's strange because I've installed the 4 tips on my car and they 'FEEL' much heavier. :screwy:
I just Emailed Borla asked them for the actual weight of the Borla Stinger 4 tip system. I'll post when and if they answer.

. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hard to dispute the difference when the guy puts both on a scale. I didn't think there was much difference but I thought it was about 5 lbs per side. Now we have a metric to show the actual difference.

Gain sound and a little performance and only very minimal weight gain. Not a bad thing.

jub jub said:
That's strange because I've installed the 4 tips on my car and they 'FEEL' much heavier. :screwy:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Thats about right. You have to remember that when most people talk about weight savings they compare the stock C5 system vs. an aftermarket sytem. Not the Ti Z06 catback.

Add a few pounds for a catback, a few pound for rotors and wheels, a few pounds for a partition, a few pounds for a sound system and you will easily find that your lighteight z06 weighs as much as a C5. Every little helps!

·
Registered
878 Posts
i think i will go on a diet an lose 20lbs.. :yeadog: that or SC/ it and don't worry about it

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Nice, its a difficult decision to sacrifice adding weight for a better sounding exhaust, one reason why I went with the loudmouth from SLP. Im not particularly fond of SLP products but the loudmouth sounds great and is actually 3 lbs lighter than the stock Ti.

Instead of coming over the IRS and then snaking right and then left again like the stinger, bullets, and stock set up, the loudmouth comes straight back and is mufllerless.

Cant wait to thow on my LG LT's, should make acombined 23 lb reduction in weight in exhaust alone.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Good post...nice to see the facts. I love my 2 tips and so does about everyone that hears my car...except for maybe some of my neighbors. :sneaky:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
bud miller said:
i think i will go on a diet an lose 20lbs.. :yeadog: that or SC/ it and don't worry about it

:lol: Yea me too. I did the SC but could still shed a few.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Tom Fuscaldo said:
Thanks, Glad to hear my Borla's are pretty light...... :thumb:
Tom you have the four tips, and those are much heavier than the 2 tip ones.. You must have at least another 5 pound or so... :lol:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Go with what sounds best! A few pounds?

Pointless and irrelevent!

Can you maintain YOUR body weight to within +/- 3 pounds in any given month?

Well....

I CAN'T :cry:

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Backlash said:
Tom you have the four tips, and those are much heavier than the 2 tip ones.. You must have at least another 5 pound or so... :lol:
Thanks Tom, I've made up for it. I've lost 12 of 20 pounds I'm going to loose...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts