Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have experiences with this product? I am considering putting it on the Vette that I order, but am hesitant. Their web page raves about all of the advantages, but are there any drawbacks? Will the coloration of the paint under the Stone Guard be effected by not being allowed to "breathe"? Also, I have heard mentions of allowing paint to cure. Should I wait a certain length of time before installing this product, if at all. Thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
I wouldn't put anything on the car. I read their website and the installation procedure. They said that you would have to remove all the wax off the car first before install. For what I understand, wax is what keeping your paint from oxidation. It's just me I guess, i feel it's much cheaper to get the front of the car repainted. There are shops out there that can do a better job than GM for cheaper than those bras....

JMO

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Regarding paint curing.I'm taking a museum delivery and Judy Yanko the delivery coordinator mentioned to me it takes about 90 days for the paint curing process to be totally cured.G /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
251 Posts
Im gonna check out a vette where I live with the stuff, and find out whats the story. I thought they said on their that the plastic stuff still allows the car to breath. Ill let you all know

Travis

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Travis, I'm curious to know what they say. Their web page makes the product sound great but I haven't seen a vehicle with Stone Guard on it yet and would like to hear about first-hand results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts